Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Had most of the possession in their half, yes a lot of it was side to side, but we still had it.
It's interesting that quite a lot of 'experts' seem confused as to why some Arsenal players were out on their feet in the last half an hour. Chasing the ball for most of the game might be an answer they've not thought of yet...

It's interesting that quite a lot of 'experts' seem confused as to why some Arsenal players were out on their feet in the last half an hour. Chasing the ball for most of the game might be an answer they've not thought of yet...

You have to feel sorry for Sanchez. Spent most of the game chasing from player to player,
only to turn round and see the others brewing up back in their penalty area. Wouldn't
surprise me at all, if he wants out.

Agree with the above comments about them being out on their feet because we passed them to death. Glad I'm not alone in thinking that we weren't outplayed in the first half, think much of that was down to the TV which I watched when back home. Their version of the events bore no relation to what I or my mates had seen.

We had the ball in the first half but didn't seem to be going anywhere and they looked a threat on the break. Second half we played the game in their half and they did't have a shot

PS If anyone in the crowd again shouts 'get rid' or 'kick it long' - watch or first goal

Or the Leicester goal from AK's punt!

Perhaps because City ran further.
Its interesting that, I don't normally look for these sort of stats, as I don't always think they tell a better story than my own eyes/brain.

My impression was that we made them do a lot of running first half, but we were constantly side to side, and not creating a whole lot in a forward direction. In the second half we pressed them relentlessly when we didn't have the ball, and our movement was excellent when we did, so I'm actually not surprised we ran further than they did, but they did a lot of chasing in both halves, and early on in the game particularly they went quite long at times.

What did we do 1st half? Toure had a header from a corner, and Sterling had a diving header that went just wide. All City's pressure and significant efforts on goal came in the 2nd half. We were poor 1st half, or they were good. Whichever way you look at it, they had the edge in the 1st half.
Did they really ? A misplaced Walcott header and a Bellerin shot over the bar apart from the goal, hardly backs to the wall stuff was it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.