Arsenal - pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not put it past Pellegrini to pick himself in place of Aguero up front so he can have a cameo farewell to his adoring supporters.

And amazingly that would not even be the worst imaginable team choice he might actually make on Sunday.

We are depending on a lot of snookers to get top 4 now as I cannot imagine anyone at the club finding a sudden burst of pride and desire to go out and grab it on their own by winning the last two games.

They look to be emotionally drained and running on empty. A dead team walking,

The team and the manager owe us a massive performance. We need to be in the Champions League next year. Its been a shit year and i'll be pissed off if we don't get top 4.

Below are the only formations I could play Kelechi and Aguero and keep De Bruyne central:
------------------------------Hart
Sagna---------Otamendi---------Mangala---------Clichy
Navas------------------Fernandinho-------------Nasri
--------------------------De Bruyne
-----------------Kelechi--------------Aguero

or:
-------------------------------Hart
Sagna---------Otamendi-----------Mangala---------Clichy
Navas---------Fernando---------De Bruyne-----Fernandinho
---------------------------Kelechi
---------------------------Aguero

I feel like i'm going batshit crazy watching Pellegrini's teams...I can't think straight.

or maybe I should just be sensible:

------------------------------Hart
Sagna---------Otamendi---------Mangala---------Clichy
Navas---------Fernando-------Fernandinho-------Nasri
---------------------------De Bruyne
------------------------Aguero/Kelechi

Either way, we'll get beat, 3-1 to Arsenal.

Last edited:
I think the team is mentally shot......

They lost confidence in Pellers a long time ago and tonights loss vs madrid is the final nail the coffin. We will struggle if arsenal play anywhere near their best.

we need a win at any cost and ill take a fluke 1-0 right now.

we must be in the top 4 for next season so we are not going into the transfer window on the back foot....we don't want to waste a transfer window or two with Pep uncharge unable to attract the best players cause we are not in the champs league.

hart

sagna otto mangana cliché

fernando fernandihnio

sterling ---kdb ----nasri

kun

if the likes of bony, kolorov or Mdm are anywhere near the team MP wants shooting (I'm presuming kompany, zabba are out and yaya isn't anywhere near full fitness)
They certainly did lose confidence in the manager a long time ago. I remember after the away defeat to West Ham last season you were adamant that poor tactics were costing us. At that time I felt the players were not showing enough effort and were letting the boss down. Still think it's a group of players that lacks character but they ultimately stopped believing in a manager short on ideas. Unfortunately, the metaphorical nudge they gave Txiki with the performances at West Ham, Burnley, the swamp, went unheeded.

So here we are, 18 months on. Can only hope there's enough pride left for them to put it all in against Arsenal, otherwise Pep will probably be starting in the Europa league. Like the idea of Sterling being given a go on the right. I'm still believing...1-0 City.

I'll be up at 2:45am, sitting in front of the screen dreaming of a super performance and a resounding win. And then the match starts .........................................

That stadium will be deserted on Sunday, everyone can't be fucked now and I don't blame them, we've been conned into believing we're watching world class, entertaining football.

-----------------Hart
Sagna------Ota-----Mangala----Clichy
--------Fernando-Fernandinho
---------Nasri--------De Bruyne
----------------Sterling
----------------Aguero

A few options up front eg Navas and Iheanacho. The important thing is that we should have a good midfield for this game. Nasri, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Sterling and Aguero is as good a front 5 as you could find in almost any team, but I am sure Pellegrini will totally mess it up

not the game I am happily waiting tbh, they always give us a game, no matter in how shitty moment they are and right now we look like crap.

The problem with this game is there is not really a bad possible outcome for the scum.

Our win is bad outcome for them, they'd still be at least one point behind either of us and arsenal coming into final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.