Arsenal rejects

Made my thoughts known on Toure and Adebayor before.

Adebayor has had a month out and suddenly his first touch is a pass and his second is a stationary glance as the opposition player runs away with it.

But Viera is so past it it's unbelievable.

I'm more than willing to give Adebayor the benefit of the doubt. He has had a season disrupted by bans, personal issues and the African Cup of Nations. Each time he comes back, he has to shed the ring rust. I think if we can get him in the side for a good run, he'll get back his form. Have faith in this one, brothers.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Are these the weak links in the team?

I know there's one or two more who maybe haven't been that consistent either but the one's I find myself and other people I know criticising the most are all the ex Arsenal players.

Toure - ok tonight, but has had a really poor season.
Ade - shite again, has had more bad games than good games or has been suspended.
Vieira - past it, no pace, no desire, no hunger.
Sylvinho - past it.

Add Taylor to that also if you don't think he's been great in the few friendlies we've seen and it's becoming a bit of a pattern. Wenger's not stupid.
Adebayor gets a few goals,
Toure is only playing while Lescott's out
Viera is too old
Sylvinho is much too old, but a decent goal v scunthorpe.

mancitygaz said:

I know there's one or two more who maybe haven't been that consistent either but the one's I find myself and other people I know criticising the most are all the ex Arsenal players.

Ade - shite again, has had more bad games than good games or has been suspended.
Sylvinho - past it.

Add Taylor to that also if you don't think he's been great in the few friendlies we've seen and it's becoming a bit of a pattern. Wenger's not stupid.

Viera didn't have a very good game tonight by any stretch of the imagination but what he did do was put a world class pass in for the 1st, which before then didn't really look like coming.

I'm not his biggest fan but he doesn't really deserve all the abuse he got from a few sat near me tonight.

Totally agree with this. They'll all slag him of for a misplaced pass but then over look a great pass for the 1st goal.

Sepehr said:

Sylvinho - past it.

I don't think we watched the same game.
Toure has been doing great since coming back and our defence looks very solid and much more mobile with him there.
Ade, if his shot in first half which had the keeper beat but was blocked by bramble this thread wouldn't have been opened. Its not a fluke that when he is playing our midfield and defense is under a lot less pressure because he can hold up the ball as good as anyone and can make space. and for the first goal, he was there with Tevez to put pressure on the keeper. Would be nice to see him stay more central, but not a poor game at all, considering he's been out for a while some match fitness will only make him better.
Vieira has been doing what everyone expect him to be doing. He is being put down by a lot of fans because he doesn't chase players down, tackle or sprint. But thats not his role, he is there to do what none of our other CM seem to be able to do, that is have some vision, thread in an assist or two every game and give us some aerial presence which he did today. If it was up to the fans we would get eleven olympic sprinters in our team chasing every ball and wonder why we're not winning.
Sylvinho, has undoubted leadership qualities, great attitude and plays anywhere the coach asks him to. Any top quality side would benefit having him on the squad.

Good post.

Adebayor was poor last night but it was his first game back after missing 4 games so maybe he was a lacked a bit of match fitness, he didn't stop trying though and i'm sure he'll be back on form soon. He's one of the best finishers in the premiership on form and is by no means a weak link

I like Toure, i think he's come back into the team the past few games and looked pretty solid. Vieira hasn't got the legs to get up and down the pitch but his ability to pick out a pass can't be underestimated because he can pick a pass that neither Barry or De Jong can

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.