Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
120 mins of competitive football...If that has any bearing on their game in Sunday then it's a fantastic result. It can work either way, the extra rest could lead to over thinking rather than rest, and our extra games could lead to a momentum boost instead of fatigue. That said palace are very poor currently and it's probably as good a game as any for arsenal to have after being knocked out.

For us the task is simple, beat Liverpool. After that if the gap is any less than 8 points, with us having a game in hand and arsenal still to play us at the Etihad, then fantastic. If we repeat our scoring abilities of Leipzig against Liverpool to an extent, grabbing 3 or 4, then arsenal will feel it more than this loss. Liverpool and Klopp will likely happily kick us around to stop us winning the league too.

Not sure their injuries last night will have a huge effect though. Seems to be the second choice full back with the injury which might be more serious, and Saliba with one less so.

A lot of people wanted Arsenal go through! I didn’t now all the players be thinking about the league only winning the league only! That will play with their minds now pressure mounts up with every game! We still have to do our part and keep winning though..
Also only playing once a week at the business end of the season isn’t ideal.

I always think - and many ex-players have expressed this over the years - that playing twice a week gets you into a proper rhythm at this time of the season.

A lot of people wanted Arsenal go through! I didn’t now all the players be thinking about the league only winning the league only! That will play with their minds now pressure mounts up with every game! We still have to do our part and keep winning though..

Defo think pressure mounts more thid way. Physical freshness is one thing but it is the mental side that gets the job done. No chance to give squad players game time either now. The fact they haven't beat the 4th team in Portugal this season gives me hope they will drop a lot more points as teams fight for everything.

Bitter sweet......Glad they got beat,glad their squad is finally getting stretched,and especially glad it was that cheating **** Martinelli that missed a penalty......not at all glad that they have half the games left that we do,and their entire focus is on the Prem,and even less glad that the Rags now have a great opportunity to secure another trophy (however 2nd rate it may be).

Arsenal now have 11 games left to play. Once a week almost.
City potentially have 19 games to play.

I think at this time of the season you'll find the big teams, you know, the ones who regularly challenge for the major honors, year in, year out will always have more games to play than the not so big teams who you know, duck out of the domestic cups early and then get dicked by the current 4th best team in Portugal..

They now have got absolutely no excuse not to go on and win the league now, 5 points clear with less than a dozen games to go..

They'll be shitting themselves..!

the way i see it last nights defeat enforces the losers mentality.every time its been vital this year in knock out football they have failed so lets hope this messes with their minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.