Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Raya, Saliba, Kiwior, Rice, Odegaard, Havertz were all on international duty and Gabriel and Saka didn’t train until the day or 2 before the game so not sure how much drilling they would have managed.
Enough clearly. Arteta clearly told them they were not capable of getting more than a point at best and prepped accordingly - very well too to be fair.

Enough clearly. Arteta clearly told them they were not capable of getting more than a point at best and prepped accordingly - very well too to be fair.

I think we planned to be defensively solid, deny space etc. I don’t think we planned to be as poor when we had the ball however.

I don’t think the players we have suit a counter attacking game, especially with Martinelli not starting, as we lack pace and a threat with runners in behind.

However, I think he’d have hoped with players like Jorginho and Odegaard, that we could have at least kept the ball a bit better and tried to work it up the pitch better.

You heard it in the players interviews after the game they thought they could have done better in that regard, but sometimes it’s also how the opponents are pinning you back and pressing you into these mistakes, not allowing you to keep the ball that dictate the flow of the game.

They came for the point and effectively 'won' in that sense. However, they must have spent the week drilling the defence and training for a draw, so you have to wonder what sort of mentality and confidence that generates - Arteta basically telling them they can't win so this is what we'll do instead.
KDB big miss for us - Haaland doesnt move granted but he kept two CH's on their 18 yd box - surely that allows KDB to drift in centrally 25 - 30 yards out and really create - he looked a bit lost and fked tbf...quite sad really - should have gambled and slid Phil in middle and rested Kev 30 mins to go

I think we planned to be defensively solid, deny space etc. I don’t think we planned to be as poor when we had the ball however.

I don’t think the players we have suit a counter attacking game, especially with Martinelli not starting, as we lack pace and a threat with runners in behind.

However, I think he’d have hoped with players like Jorginho and Odegaard, that we could have at least kept the ball a bit better and tried to work it up the pitch better.

You heard it in the players interviews after the game they thought they could have done better in that regard, but sometimes it’s also how the opponents are pinning you back and pressing you into these mistakes, not allowing you to keep the ball that dictate the flow of the game.
for a side who may win the league - really really average with the ball - that's two ganmes v us (much weaker side this year) that i don't think you looked good - may win it but hmmm very average

for a side who may win the league - really really average with the ball - that's two ganmes v us (much weaker side this year) that i don't think you looked good - may win it but hmmm very average

We don't seem to play our normal game vs you guys, seem it's more containment first then work from there.

We are a bit better on the ball in our games vs Liverpool, perhaps the manager / players seem more confident playing them than we do yourselves.

Last edited:
Think Arsenal will win it this year. They're scoring loads and not conceding. Liverpool will burn themselves out doing it for Jürgen and I feel like we are just too tense - to many players struggling with their game. I hope they can push it over the line for an historic 4th in a row but it's never been done before for a reason

Think Arsenal will win it this year. They're scoring loads and not conceding. Liverpool will burn themselves out doing it for Jürgen and I feel like we are just too tense - to many players struggling with their game. I hope they can push it over the line for an historic 4th in a row but it's never been done before for a reason
If Liverpool don't win it then we will

We don't seem to play our normal game vs you guys, seem it's more containment first then work from there.

We are a bit better on the ball in our games vs Liverpool, perhaps the manager / players seem more confident playing them than we do yourselves.
Sort of agree but seen a lot of games where you have pipped it in even games. Don't get me wrong City are a shadow of the side we were - 9 x recent players out have killed us over last 18 x months and trying to shoehorn a traditional CF hasn't helped but Arsenal look to me a weaker side than Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.