Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

I have to admit to having a look on the Arsenal thread and considering we are preventing them from winning the league they haven't IMHO stooped to how low these scrotes have in blaming everyone but themselves, AFTV aside and its comedy value as a fanbase they are not in the same league as deluded fans of other clubs who are nowhere near challenging for the title and other honours.

A lot of Arsenal fans’ relative lack of sanctimonious sniping compared to the likes of United, Liverpool, or Spurs comes from the fact that a large portion of their fan base either directly or indirectly receive their wages/wealth from the likes of the UAE, Saudi, and Qatar, or regularly work with companies based in those countries in some capacity. It makes it a bit more difficult to take the “oil money” and “soulless” club position because of our ownership when anyone can simply ask you if you have any connection to the countries you are vociferously denouncing. That’s not even getting in to the fact Arsenal receive a good wedge of their sponsorship revenue from the UAE.

That’s not to say there isn’t still plenty of hypocritical nonsense coming from the Arsenal fan base—there definitely is. And, as we know, even certain “journalists” which get their wages from Saudi have no issue writing absolute tripe about our club (perhaps partly because of the origin of their pay packet).

But it does, on the whole, seem to be more subdued from Arsenal supporters compared to the red morons and lily white gobshites.

Last edited:
A lot of Arsenal fans’ relative lack of sanctimonious sniping compared to the likes of United, Liverpool, or Spurs comes from the fact that a large portion of their fan base either directly or indirectly receive their wages/wealth from the likes of the UAE, Saudi, and Qatar, or regularly work with companies based in those countries in some capacity. It makes it a bit more difficult to take the “oil money” and “soulless” club position because of our ownership when anyone can simply ask you if you have any connection to the countries you are vociferously denouncing. That’s not even getting in to the fact Arsenal receive a good wedge of their sponsorship revenue from the UAE.

That’s not to say there isn’t still plenty of hypocritical nonsense coming from the Arsenal fan base—there definitely is. And, as we know, even certain “journalists” which get their wages from Saudi have no issue writing absolute tripe about our club (perhaps partly because of the origin of their pay packet).

But it does, on the whole, seem to be more subdued from Arsenal supporters compared to the red morons and lily white gobshites.
We just don't have the same aggro with City than we do with other teams. I can't think of any on field fights, City fans are usually well behaved at ours, we can go to the Etihad safely, no entitlement or drama like you get with the Dippers and Rags, and obviously no local rivalry.

There was some issue with Adebayor being a bit of a cock but that was the player not the club. All in all no issues with City, other than we want to start winning some medals and you lot are the team currently in possession.

Arsenal coined the phrase "Net Spend" and doing things the "Right Way" when it came to City. Especially when it came to us poaching their players.

Last edited:
Well all I'd tell you is that we'd 10000000% prefer you won the league instead of the Dippers, Rags or Chelsea. I would add Spurs to the list but clearly it would be pointless to do so.
f your lot didn't time waste to extremes and Saka's behaviour I would be more receptive to your lot in winning the league. And don't forget the generous amount of injury time Arsenal have had been rewarded.

Well all I'd tell you is that we'd 10000000% prefer you won the league instead of the Dippers, Rags or Chelsea. I would add Spurs to the list but clearly it would be pointless to do so.
I certainly do not reciprocate, I will never forget or forgive that fucking letter on AFC letter head
Yank owned park the bus wankers!

We just don't have the same aggro with City than we do with other teams. I can't think of any on field fights, City fans are usually well behaved at ours, we can go to the Etihad safely, no entitlement or drama like you get with the Dippers and Rags, and obviously no local rivalry.

There was some issue with Adebayor being a bit of a cock but that was the player not the club. All in all no issues with City, other than we want to start winning some medals and you lot are the team currently in possession.
Adebayor was being a bit of a cock was he? Your fans abused him (and his family) for the whole game, a lot of it of a racist nature. In my top 3 goal celebrations of all time. Hilarious and boiled so much piss. Still makes me chuckle to this day.

But agree with others 100% with regard to your lot winning it ahead of the scousers.

I'm such a nawty bwoi

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.