Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Notice Arsenal had less possession at him last night to Chelsea, seems Arteta is not going for control in more important games also they scored a few goals on the break..

think our 100 point season we didn't have the control we do now and maybe it's because the players we had? I'd like us to play more like that and suck teams in then play to attack not get to half way line then pass back..
That would help Haaland but if we have the ball they can’t score, I watched upto 2-0 last night Odegaard is some player,he can certainly pick a pass out, they remind me of us a few years ago when we pressed in numbers and fast, like our 100 point season. I personally don’t think they will slip up again, we just have to hope we don’t.

Arsenal have scored the most and conceded the least so must be gutted that we are still effectively in control of the title race. If we score a hatful in our two games in hand we could match their scoring but they will still have a better goal difference barring extraordinary results against Brighton and Forest.

Arteta has built an effective team. I dislike their gamesmanship but it could be argued that they match our quality in many areas. Hopefully their mentality will let them down against Spurs to give us a bit of breathing space.

Hopefully the pressure will get to them against Spurs.

A few things I noticed last night, some good some bad.

Firstly, Arsenal were superb. Chelsea might have been poor but Arsenal just smothered them and were full of desire and aggression to get the result last night. It was a brilliant performance.

They've played the best football this season and are definitely a better team than last season.

However, I still feel like there's too much energy and effort being expended. At 5-0 up they should have just seen the game out, but they were still running hard and working far too much in my opinion. Celebrating tackles and blocks like it was 1-0. They don't need to have that intense passion and desire when 5-0 up and more games to come.

It's 3pts that's all. And you have to go again on the weekend. I found it odd Rice and Odegaard stayed on for the full game. Odegaard is key for Arsenal and I don't know why they don't wrap him in cotton wool as soon as the game is won. He's got to go to Spurs and play another 90 minutes potentially. He could have had 30mins off last night.

A few things I noticed last night, some good some bad.

Firstly, Arsenal were superb. Chelsea might have been poor but Arsenal just smothered them and were full of desire and aggression to get the result last night. It was a brilliant performance.

They've played the best football this season and are definitely a better team than last season.

However, I still feel like there's too much energy and effort being expended. At 5-0 up they should have just seen the game out, but they were still running hard and working far too much in my opinion. Celebrating tackles and blocks like it was 1-0. They don't need to have that intense passion and desire when 5-0 up and more games to come.

It's 3pts that's all. And you have to go again on the weekend. I found it odd Rice and Odegaard stayed on for the full game. Odegaard is key for Arsenal and I don't know why they don't wrap him in cotton wool as soon as the game is won. He's got to go to Spurs and play another 90 minutes potentially. He could have had 30mins off last night.
All good points.

I only watched the first half and Arsenal were superb but we don't need to play better than them - just better than our opponents. They have a couple of tricky games left but unfortunately they also play United. That'll give them the advantage in the race as we drop points at Spurs. These last two games with the pressure on they have come out and performed so fair play to them.

We seem to be creaking a little bit with fatigue and injuries and will miss Gundo. Great achievement from us if we win it from here - not just because of how this season has played but because of the constant demand on this squad for the last 4 titles

I only watched the first half and Arsenal were superb but we don't need to play better than them - just better than our opponents. They have a couple of tricky games left but unfortunately they also play United. That'll give them the advantage in the race as we drop points at Spurs. These last two games with the pressure on they have come out and performed so fair play to them.

We seem to be creaking a little bit with fatigue and injuries and will miss Gundo. Great achievement from us if we win it from here - not just because of how this season has played but because of the constant demand on this squad for the last 4 titles

That's the key. A lot of people bemoaning the fact they play before us so we can't put pressure on, but they still have the pressure to win their games and we have the pressure to win ours. We wont be bothered about what they do, unless they slip up.

Maybe Liverpool will tonight, maybe they won't but we have to beat Brighton regardless. And then Liverpool play West Ham and Arsenal play Spurs before we play Forest, again maybe they'll slip up but either way we have to go and win our game.

That's the key. A lot of people bemoaning the fact they play before us so we can't put pressure on, but they still have the pressure to win their games and we have the pressure to win ours. We wont be bothered about what they do, unless they slip up.

Maybe Liverpool will tonight, maybe they won't but we have to beat Brighton regardless. And then Liverpool play West Ham and Arsenal play Spurs before we play Forest, again maybe they'll slip up but either way we have to go and win our game.
Yeah I'm sure the players approach will be to win them all rather than working out what points we can afford to drop based on what other teams drop

Yeah I'm sure the players approach will be to win them all rather than working out what points we can afford to drop based on what other teams drop

I thought it was interesting on the netflix documentary where some of the players are in the Forest changing room watching an Arsenal v Villa where they scored two goals in injury time to go and win the game 4-2. We then went out and drew the game. Not long after Dias gave his speech about there being too much focus on other teams and what they're doing and to worry about ourselves.

That's critical this time around. We don't need to be deflated by the other teams winning when it's in our control. We needed them to slip up and they have. Now we need to make the most of it. Each of the three has tough games still and anything could happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.