Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Regardless of the subsequent laughable hysteria or club bias in general, that was a shocking decision to give Rice a second yellow.

I've since watched it 5-6 times and I'm not still not sure what the ref was thinking.

Far better to just make the Brentford player take the Free Kick again,.but this time without the ball moving (unless I've missed another rule change)

Regardless of the subsequent laughable hysteria or club bias in general, that was a shocking decision to give Rice a second yellow.

I've since watched it 5-6 times and I'm not still not sure what the ref was thinking.

Far better to just make the Brentford player take the Free Kick again,.but this time without the ball moving (unless I've missed another rule change)
Rice kicked the ball away. Had Veltman not tried to kick it, I reckon Rice stays on the pitch.

The fact the kick of the ball makes Veltman kick fresh air and Rice has made the decision for the referee.

Teams had better not kick the ball away for the foreseeable future now though..

Hardly a shocking decision when it's the laws of the game

Rice kicked the ball away. Had Veltman not tried to kick it, I reckon Rice stays on the pitch.

The fact the kick of the ball makes Veltman kick fresh air and Rice has made the decision for the referee.

Teams had better not kick the ball away for the foreseeable future now though..
That's not quite right. Veltman rolls the ball at Rice and the ball is still moving when the supposed 'kicking of the ball' happened so it would have had to be retaken. Basically Veltman knew exactly what he was doing and Rice took the bait.

99 times out of 100 no card is issued, plus the ref has form for erratic decision making - he's the ref that disallowed a legitimate Bournemouth winner against Newcastle last week and then didn't send off Joelinton for grabbing the Bmth keeper around the neck but somehow Rice's offence is deemed worse. However, Given the fact we know he's a crap ref Rice should have known better and not taken a risk. It was stupid and almost certainly cost Arsenal 2 points. It was a harsh decision without being a wrong decision if that makes sense. But Rice cannot blame anyone other than himself

It’s the rules.

Rice is a brain dead idiot for doing it in the first place when he’s already on a yellow.

Arteta being Arteta after the game and lining up his excuses already.

Thought he must have something about him when Pep took him on at City, but he really is a spiteful little nasty fucker at Arsenal. I hope he NEVER wins a fucking thing there. He is a disciple of the Dark Arts and that pisses me off before I even hear him talk!

Last edited:
Well today was a reality check. It's not disastrous - vs last season and the fixtures played we're a point up but the facts are we weren't brilliant before the red. The red was perhaps a bit harsh but Rice is an absolute moron for putting the ref in a position where he can make such a decision so it's not something that can be argued with

Fact is Rice has been crap since the last month of last season and maybe the rest will do him good. We've got some tough matches coming up- Spurs away, then Atalanta away and then City away, all in the space of 7 days. Realistically we need to beat Spurs and get something at the Etihad.

City have won all their games but are definitely gettable at the back however we aren't firing on all cylinders and build up is a bit slow. Odegaard hasn't really sparked either. Hate to say it but its not as if Arteta wasnt warned that he needs a decent striker.

At the moment I'd say we look like a Top 4 team not a title contender- both City and Liverpool have looked better.

It is very early days though and people are getting ahead of themselves so early on making predictions.
You say its too early to make predictions, you have already predicted Tarquins to win the league and City won't.

IMO, Arsenal are an excellent team and will really challenge this season once again. Nevertheless, their repeated willingness to dive is a stain on the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.