Arsenal v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AgüeroKun said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Milner MUST start as Central midfielder.
Doubt it. We'll either lose greatly or win marginally. Gotta hope Liverpool beat the rags.

U see that's just it we hope Liverpool beat united. But for united to lose we've got to win to catch up. They lose we lose the title is theirs.

citytill1die84 said:
AgüeroKun said:
Gotta hope Liverpool beat the rags.
... for united to lose we've got to win to catch up. They lose we lose the title is theirs.
Absolute rubbish. If we both lose, the title is by no means over. According to your reckoning, if we both draw (which I would be more than happy with) or both win, then the title is Manure's already. No sir. Don't you remember what happened after we lost at Arsenal last year?

-----------------Hart-----------------
Zab-------VK------------Nasty-------Clichy
-------------Milner-----Barry--------------
Silva----------------Tevez------------Sinclair
---------------------Dzeko-------------------

Time to start Scotty. I think he could a real number against a slow Arsenal right side.

lionheart said:
big gaz said:
For what its worth
Joe
Zab
Kompany
Nasty/ Lescott
Clichy
Barry
Milner
Silva
Tevez
Saurez
Mario
No way on earth that RM would start with Suarez for a game of such importance. It will definitely be Garcia or, if he feels in an attacking mood, then Sinclair. Also, Dzeko will probably start.[/quote]

If you count in two unfairly ruled out goals - Edin has now scored 5 goals in last 3 games....yea, he'll probably start alright.

Suarez starting...well, talking about shot in the dark :-)

Plug in Garcia for Suarez. Garcia and Barry will be holding midfielders, Milner will play on the wing oposite of Silva. Dzeko and Tevez up front.

-------------Garcia-----Barry--------------
Milner--------------Tevez------------Silva

That's your strongest side at this moment in time.

citytill1die84 said:
Szczesny

Sagna Mertesacker Vermarlen Gibbs

Walcott Wilshire Ramsey Arteta Carzola

Podolski

Think Arsenal will line up like this a 5 man midfield with either Walcott or Cazola helping Podolski.

Hart

Zaba Kompany Lescott Clichy

Milner garcia Barry

Silva

Tevez Dzeko

If Milner,Garcia & Barry can win the Midfield battle between Ramsey,Wilshere and Arteta we've a very good chance of winning this. Still think it'll be hard and I struggle to see us get more than a draw but out of them 2 team line ups i'd rather ours.
I agree the midfield battle will decide the game.

I appreciate that history says we have no hope. It's just that I have a sneaky feeling that we can do something special against them, even with all the injuries.

For some weird and totally inexplicable reason I think Mario should start, even taking into account what happened there last year. I think Mertesacker matches up to Edin, but I don't think he would handle Mario.

i think Mario will start, esp after playing yesterday

pretty glad Nasri is banned so we can play a more solid midfield

Hart

Zabs VK Nast Clichy

Garcia Barry

Milner Dave Tevez

Mario

imo

edit, hopefully we can have a shot on target this year

EaglesFan said:
lionheart said:
big gaz said:
For what its worth
Joe
Zab
Kompany
Nasty/ Lescott
Clichy
Barry
Milner
Silva
Tevez
Saurez
Mario
No way on earth that RM would start with Suarez for a game of such importance. It will definitely be Garcia or, if he feels in an attacking mood, then Sinclair. Also, Dzeko will probably start.

If you count in two unfairly ruled out goals - Edin has now scored 5 goals in last 3 games....yea, he'll probably start alright.

Plug in Garcia for Suarez. Garcia and Barry will be holding midfielders, Milner will play on the wing oposite of Silva. Dzeko and Tevez up front.

That's your strongest side at this moment in time.[/quote]

Each to their own, but I would rather put my faith in Saurez who can pass a ball and has pace than have Garcia chasing shadows.

big gaz said:
EaglesFan said:
No way on earth that RM would start with Suarez for a game of such importance. It will definitely be Garcia or, if he feels in an attacking mood, then Sinclair. Also, Dzeko will probably start.

Each to their own, but I would rather put my faith in Saurez who can pass a ball and has pace than have Garcia chasing shadows.[/quote]

Suarez in a match of this importance? Are you mental? He looked lightweight and out of his depth against Villa in the League Cup let alone against a team of Arsenal's calibre.

cheddar404 said:
big gaz said:
EaglesFan said:

Each to their own, but I would rather put my faith in Saurez who can pass a ball and has pace than have Garcia chasing shadows.

Suarez in a match of this importance? Are you mental? He looked lightweight and out of his depth against Villa in the League Cup let alone against a team of Arsenal's calibre.[/quote]

unbelievable geoff

Can't see anything but an easy Rags win at OT so we have to go for a win from the start at the Emirates.
If we can keep all 11 on the pitch for the duration of the game, then I think we will win it. Go down to 10 men (don't know who the ref is going to be but not expecting any favours) and we will get ripped to pieces. With that in mind would have to leave Balo on the bench.

CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.