Arsenal want 70 million

robbieh

for Fabregas. Is this for real?

What can possibly give them the idea that Barca would pay that for him.

He's a good player but for that money in the current financial climate you would have to be one of the top 5 players in the world and pardon me if I am wrong but he's not even in the spanish starting line up. So that means Xavi, Iniesta, Silva and Alonso are rated more highly by the current coach.

Cesc wants to go so Arsenal must think that 70 million is on the cards. Can only be one way that is going to happen is if we pay stupid money for Ibra and Yaya.

Here's how it will work :

Barca cash raising ability = Ibra & Yaya to us

We kind of hold the whip hand mainly due to Barças failure to win the CL, the undoubted improvement that Real will show, and especially the upcoming presidential elections at Barça (during which Laporta knows that - if he fails in his rather public courting of Cesc - one of his rivals will sign one of these Figo type deals with him in order to assure them coming if they win the election).

This would give a 'can-do' air to the rival candidate that would make Laporta look bad (the signing of Villa was good but - lets face it - Valencia were desperate to sell).

I'd offer a take it or leave it £55m deal for Yaya & Ibra to be left on the table until the end of the week, as it'd seem that Laporta is hugely dependent upon us to make his presidency work.

Awesome player on a long contract...

Fair enough, it's what I'd want for him.

Getting it is another thing altogether, but £30M which is what they've supposedly offered is derisory at best!

I'd say £45-50M would be about right.

Fabregas is The One player I'd have at City in a heartbeat. Absolute class. Can't see it happening though...

-(

Barca said 30, Arsenal said 70, they will proberly meet in the middle. Im sure they would sell him for 50 million pound, anything between 45-50 is fair. I hope he stays, but wenger has never kept a player against his wish and will let anyone who wanna move get their move

is that a joke? he's worth 35 mill at most. Barcelona should just pull out and tell 35 take it or leave it. Fabregas will be pissed of if they wont let him go. Next season he will have a stinker it he doesn't go.

He's Arsenals player and under a seriously long contract. They can ask whatever they want at this stage of negotiations. Barcelona aren't doing themselves any favours by asking for £35m for Yaya. Given the weak pound, you also need to put the figure into perspective. It's about 82m Euros, which is 12m Euros short of what Real paid for Ronaldo. And just 10m more than what Zidane went for 10 years ago.

In short, Fabregas is easily a 50-60m player. But if you want that for him you pitch higher and then work out a figure that's somewhere in the middle.

waspish said:
is that a joke? he's worth 35 mill at most. Barcelona should just pull out and tell 35 take it or leave it. Fabregas will be pissed of if they wont let him go. Next season he will have a stinker it he doesn't go.

Joke? Are you an idiot?

If aston villa are asking 30m for crap like milner we can definitely ask much more for fabregas. The kid got 19 goals and 19 assists in 36 games.And before you put the stupid penalty excuse out.Yeah he did score 3 .Guess what all were pressure penalties. Stoke 1-1 Arsenal 90th minute penalty.Arsenal 1-2 Barcelona again 90th minute and against West ham in the 84th minute where we were up but a man down.

No player of his age has that much experience at europe and international level.

He's got more caps than iniesta despite being 3 years younger.

Also he's started 9 of the last 12 games for spain when fit so don't with that not a starter for spain bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.