Arsene Wenger. A Thousand Games

Ive always admired Wenger, he is a football man to the core. Yes he can be a myopic whinging **** at times but his teams have always played the right way and I like the way he always gives kids a chance.

English football would be poorer without him. So congrats from me on your remarkable achievement of 1000 games in charge

gmckennasell said:
1000 games ? thats about 750 too many , hes won fcuk all for 10 years.
He's managed to keep Arsenal in the Chimps league whilst financing an extremely expensive world class stadium. Yes his gross spend on players is a LOT but he has got the money for those transfers by selling his own footballers.

A truly world class manager, he may not have won as many trophies as someone of his ilk should have, but he has performed well enough to cement his legacy.

Arse have played some beautiful football under Wenger. And he got under GPC's skin, so can't be all bad.
Still a whingeing twat when it comes to money.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/10706333/Arsene-Wengers-greatest-Arsenal-XI-in-pictures.html?frame=2855719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... me=2855719</a>

Arsenal fans do you disagree? me personally I'd have had Overmars and Lauren ahead of Sagna and Ljungberg.

Rascal said:
Ive always admired Wenger, he is a football man to the core. Yes he can be a myopic whinging **** at times but his teams have always played the right way and I like the way he always gives kids a chance.

English football would be poorer without him. So congrats from me on your remarkable achievement of 1000 games in charge

Spot-on that Rascal.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I know it goes against the grain on Bluemoon but I have always liked him.

He has about five times more moral fibre to him than Maureen and at least ten times more than the former United Manager.

Also, I know Mr Mancini give it a right good go but nobody has ever got under Ferguson's nose like Arsene.

He is the guardian of the beautiful game.

He stopped getting under Baconface's skin a long time ago. In recent years Wenger has been like an arse-licker with Stockholm syndrome - Carrick can play for Barcelona my arse !

Mancio beat the f*cker and won the title and knocked him out of the FA Cup and walloped him 1-6 at his own gaffe. Wenger never did that so no comparison sorry.

gmckennasell said:
1000 games ? thats about 750 too many , hes won fcuk all for 10 years.

well he stayed there anyway so shirley that's some sort of achievement apparently?

Rascal said:

I wouldn't disagree with that . I always like the team he had in 2001-2002 season .

One of the greatest managers in the game with a remarkable list of achievements. The impact he has had on Arsenal is incredible and he will leave a legacy to the club which stretches far beyond the pitch. Three League titles, one undefeated, and four FA cups within the first 500 games is fantastic but the second half of his rein is perhaps what sets him apart. In any of the last 9 years, he could have walked away from Arsenal and into any club in the world. There is no doubt in my mind that if had left the club after the move to The Emirates, it would be Arsenal, not Arsene Wenger who would be in a worse position today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.