Arteta

Tez Tosterone said:
It is a wonderful thing.

However, think about it. Actually, it's what makes all the difference between the very top clubs and the rest. A lot of research goes into player signings, especially when money is at a premium, as it seems to be at places like the Emirates.

Are you suggesting Wenger spends his money far more wisely?

Inasmuch as he has a very restricted budget yes.

Don't you think that his decision to sell Adebayor was one of just several very wise decisions he has made in the last five years.

I certainly do.

Given the size of the crippling debt that partially resulted from their move to Ashburton Grove
in 2006, there was a real need to make particularly economically prudent signings to keep the books balanced.

Admittedly, they are, despite having Fabregas, Van Persie, Wilshire, Arshavin and other very good players, still likely to be runners up to United, despite this being the weakest squad at Old Trafford for a generation and despite the fact that Arsenal played impressively to outperform the world's best club last week in the Champions League.

Meanwhile, I see Arsenal as having turned a significantly important financial corner as they have an opportunity to build on their much higher attendances at the Emirates to facilitate better spending.

On the other side, they still face increasing pressure in not having won a trophy for several years and that, I suspect, is still causing Wenger a fair few sleepless nights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.