Arthur Moore - Lanzarote R.I.P

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Maccblue, 30 Jun 2019.

1. Maccblue

Maccblue

I bump into blues that I’ve never seen before till I met them in Arthur’s from all over the UK
    Now I see them every game !!!

Arthur’s funeral takes place on Tuesday 2nd July in Lanza @ 12-30
    Happens to be there anniversary and his wife Caths Birthday
    I shall be raising a glass to him from here and be in there for the Community Shield

Last time I saw him was Christmas Day as we had Dinner in there went in for the Leicester game on Boxing Day but he wasn’t well enough to come down
    Been fighting that bastard disease amongst other things for 6/7 years and was determined to keep fighting all the way ,

2. Maccblue

Maccblue

Puerto Del Carmen

3. northwichblue

northwichblue

Cheers Macc

4. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

Was last in there two years ago & had a good few days gambling, great sports bar.

Remember talking to Arthur a few times, poor sod.

As Maçcblue said, Bastard disease.

5. phud

phud

Top Bar a few great sessions watching city .

6. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Watched a couple of games in there in the past, both times Arthur wasn't there so never had the pleasure of meeting him.

RIP.

7. Trojan63

Trojan63

Very sad news - he had been ill for ages but was always cheerful - me and the missus were well pissed one night in November last year and she decided she wanted a Sunday dinner - at 11.30 in the evening - Arthur is sat there with his pint of Guinness and says no problem and even gave us a free drink each - we went in for the City v Shaktar game and on the other telly it was rags v Juventus - someone shouts over to Arthur “what you got that shit on for Arthur?” “Don’t worry no reds will show up here - I charge them 8 quid a pint” City motto is “Pride in battle” and that summed Arthur up perfectly - RIP

Franknorgrovesnephew likes this.
  8. scrabo6

scrabo6

Sad news cracking wee pub.

9. hammocity

hammocity

The Mother of three Blues, Sheila and wife of a great blue Ken Rodgers has her funeral on the same day. God bless them both, taken by the same disease. Sheila would have been 90 this year but she enjoyed the craic, she had requested “a touch of blue” for the congregation.

10. stonie

stonie

Was in there last October for a match, very welcoming and a nice bar tucked away in a little square, not sure what will happen to it now, just hope it continues as a city bar RIP Arthur