As a club - what have we done so wrong?

Blue2112

A genuine question to all City fans - What have Manchester City Football Club done that is perceived as so wrong? As City supporters we're all on the inside of this journey and so it's natural to get defensive and see little or no wrong in our clubs actions but it's obvious we've been up to no good because we're pissing off a lot of people on the outside.

Now obviously I know we're now challenging the elite and superior established top four but that alone does not warrant some of the negativity the club as a whole attract. Tottenham are also challenging the so called big 4 but yet seemingly appear to be given a free ride and as everyone likes to agree (or at least publicly if not privately) that the more competition there is then the better the English Premier League becomes. This weekend my 48 year old Rag brother-in-law and his Liverpool supporting wife had a verbal attack on my 19 year old daughter whereby they were literally screaming in her face about 'how you don't deserve it'. This at a family party ffs! I wasn't there at the time but when I see the fuckers theyre gonna get an earful, shes been to more games than the two of them put together (not that it would be difficult). So why don't we deserve it?

Ever since the takeover its fair to say there has been more negative press than positive and I do feel it's whipped up an already envious and disgruntled football world to near bursting point to see the 'billionaire newcomers' put firmly and rightly in their place. I've genuinely no problem in how Chelsea want to celebrate their victory last night, it was deserved but it is very amusing watching how their fans and players both on and off the pitch took it as if the title itself depended on that 90 minutes. How the times have changed for us and i'll take it as a backhanded compliment.

So what have the club actually done that has been so wrong? Was it our policy of buying quickly and expensively? Should we have only bought one player per season and tried to build a successful team over the next decade because if so then thats a ludicrous suggestion. But would that have appeased the footballing world? Is it the owners, is it the manager, is it the players? Lord knows Balotelli is every so called media experts prime target and personally I do believe the press he receives has carried itself to the officials and how they deal with him on the pitch. He rarely gets decisions in his favour and seriously 'Who gives a fuck about his non-celebrations' - I for one love him all the more for it. I see the clubs everyday actions and supporter liasons as good as if not better than most others. I don't see any of our dealings as particularly any worse than other clubs. I see Mancini and his players refusing to get embroiled in a war of words with other managers and players both on and off the pitch whenever enticed. Our players are always ready for international duty.

This isn't meant as an us against the world or all officials are out to get us at every opportunity, because I know thats not actually true. What is true and undeniable though is we're everyones number 1 target, is it really only because we're 'potential champions'. I already know the footballing world are envious and threatened by our new status but is that all there really is to it or is there something more sinister we've been up to that I've missed. So as a fan from within how do you view City and how as a club have we gone from everyones favourite second club to not quite but nearly the new 'MAN U' god forgive us and everyones most hated club.

We're all gonna say Nothing... and maybe fans from other clubs who have registered on here might be a little more sympathetic towards us?

From looking on other footy forums the main opinions are heavily media influenced and fans feel we are in the wrong because we have quickly bought players and risen up.

We've gatecrashed the party. You've seen the reaction when Mr X turns up at the office do/wedding reception/birthday party; ''Who the fuck let him in?''

End of thread.

Why do you care?You win stuff you become disliked,bring it on I say. We have only won a cup in recent time's and there is more silverware on the way.Your in law's sound like nice people by the way.

Stevie B said:
We're all gonna say Nothing... and maybe fans from other clubs who have registered on here might be a little more sympathetic towards us?

From looking on other footy forums the main opinions are heavily media influenced and fans feel we are in the wrong because we have quickly bought players and risen up.

I do hear this buying players too quickly arguement and I just can't get my head around it. Does anybody really think any club or any business that is taken over and heavily invested in, then decide to sit on their arse and spend the next ten years rebuilding it?

I think it's lots of things really. Typical English mentality of wanting to 'put others in their place' or in other words not wanting the established order challenged. The Top 4 has always consisted of Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool but in recent times this is changing we are a threat to one of their places. Spuds did it for one season but we will be permanently in the Top 4, Spuds won't. Also there is a London factor, I don't care what anyone says. With Spurs they haven't bought loads of expensive players and of course there is the 'Arry factor. Maybe it's racism towards our owners as well, not overt but subconsious. When Abramovich took over Chelsea, the media were very positive and supportive, he and the club got good press, not the negativity we get.

Shadz69 said:
Why do you care?You win stuff you become disliked,bring it on I say. We have only won a cup in recent time's and there is more silverware on the way.Your in law's sound like nice people by the way.

Funnily enough they are nice people, don't know why they snapped and took it out on her, think she was having a laugh to start with and they didn't take kindly to it. As the wife said neither of them would have said a fucking word to me because they know fuck all. Why do I care, just a question on a football forum thats all nothing more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.