As Spurs move to just 3 points behind us...

we should be able to play our strongest team between now and the end of the season

we play one game a week except for the spuds game
unless of course we make the final in which case we'll have to fit another in

Spurs have a very tough run of games at the real business end of the season.

I said a few weeks ago if we are ahead of them after the Liverpool game we should do it, and I've got a feeling we will be!

At the risk of making myself a hostage to fortune I've got a real sense that we're getting momentum at the right time.

Fact is, if we don't do it we've only got ourselves to blame.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Spurs have a very tough run of games at the real business end of the season.

I said a few weeks ago if we are ahead of them after the Liverpool game we should do it, and I've got a feeling we will be!

At the risk of making myself a hostage to fortune I've got a real sense that we're getting momentum at the right time.

Fact is, if we don't do it we've only got ourselves to blame.

This is a good point.

Spurs have just had a run of 5 very "winnable" league games, and have took only 6 points from that sequence.

I'm sure their forums are full of "prediction" threads as well, and they would all have had an expected return of probably twice that. Despite our own form being fairly mediocre over that period, we have kept a healthy gap between us and Spurs, and closed the gap on 2nd and 3rd.

Spurs may repeat last years results against Arsenal, Chelsea and us, but I doubt it.

Last year, the stars just seemed to align for Spurs - don't think they'll have the same luck this year.

But, this is City...!!

BlueCityfan said:
lionheart said:
There is far too much egocentric arrogance on this Forum. Some people now expect us to win at Anfield! Absolute madness. A draw will be a good result.

I hope that was a joke.

Why couldn't we win at Anfield when they have players like: Agger, Gerrard, Johnson injured?

They are injury plagued...we aren't. So we have a good chance.

Because we dont have the mentality or the bottle or the tactics to win these kind of games.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 am --<br /><br />
malg said:
Personally, I'm nervous as fuck.

Don't be. It's not going to happen so just resign yourself to it. City always let you down.

For weeks people have been saying that Spurs will fall away and it wont be a problem, but they have been shit and are still right behind us. Tomorrow night they will be 3 points behind us with a game in hand.

Never mind who's got how many points behind us - learn your lessons from City's past!! We'll win at Anfield if Mancini goes for an aggressive attacking team and releases the shackles on our armoury of class players. We will lose at Anfield if Gareth Back Pass Barry comes back and suffocates the living daylights out of us, allowing the Scoucers to swarm all over us whilst we defend the edge of our box.

Big Dave Watson said:
BlueCityfan said:
I hope that was a joke.

Why couldn't we win at Anfield when they have players like: Agger, Gerrard, Johnson injured?

They are injury plagued...we aren't. So we have a good chance.

Because we dont have the mentality or the bottle or the tactics to win these kind of games.

If we play like against the rags at OT this season. Im pretty sure we will rape them.

We have had a good rest..and our team looks so much better now than in the start of the season.

I have a feeling that we will win Liverpool.

BlueCityfan said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Because we dont have the mentality or the bottle or the tactics to win these kind of games.

If we play like against the rags at OT this season. Im pretty sure we will rape them.

We have had a good rest..and our team looks so much better now than in the start of the season.

I have a feeling that we will win Liverpool.

Like your optimism mate and hope you are right but iv'e been with City since 1975.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.