Ashes 2017/18

Is it unfair of me to think that if Malan can get a century on this pitch, at least one of Warner, Bancroft, Smith or Marsh will get a big score as well?

This pitch is not what it was. Been some big scores on here in recent years. Aussies been beat a few times recently here.

Good to see England putting up a fight

the thing is its a good knock and england get over 300 on the board but this wicket is a dip your bread wicket for batting and a 600 plus stuff and they know it with being 2 up already they just need to bat and nothing else for the rest of the series so if england have any chance of winning they need to score and quick and then let them get themselves out by thinking its over but for me its got a draw stamped all over it and big runs for the batters

I was watching it on my tablet and couldn't work out why he'd been given out when the commentators were asking which glove the ball had come off. Once it was given though, I didn't hang around for the inquest. I just turned the fucker off and went upstairs to get ready for work.

Anyway, after expecting us to capitulate to something like 200 all out following that it's nice to see these two get us back on track. Can't help thinking we'll need a score some way north of 400 to give us a decent chance of winning though and we're still a long way short of that.

Despite plenty of people now adament there was a nick off the glove that was hoding the bat, I'm still not convinced. Even the angle from the slips which was apparently conclusive left me a bit uncertain and definitely wasn't enough to overturn a decision.

Anyway, good day for England overall but looking at it with our bowlers I think we'll need 550+ to be competetive. It's attainable if these two can bat at least another 20 overs in the morning and with Mo, Woakes and Overton the tail in these conditions isn't as frail as it was a couple of games ago.

Get a big score be interesting how the Aussies will bat with pressure I reckon we bowl well they’ll bottle it.

Despite plenty of people now adament there was a nick off the glove that was hoding the bat, I'm still not convinced. Even the angle from the slips which was apparently conclusive left me a bit uncertain and definitely wasn't enough to overturn a decision.

Anyway, good day for England overall but looking at it with our bowlers I think we'll need 550+ to be competetive. It's attainable if these two can bat at least another 20 overs in the morning and with Mo, Woakes and Overton the tail in these conditions isn't as frail as it was a couple of games ago.
Considering the 3rd umpire had to overturn the on field decision he seemed to do it with indecent hast, given the evidence provided.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.