Ashton-under-Lyne (MCSC branch)

johnmc said:
Lucky13 said:
colinbellsboots said:
the MARCH HARE crowhill road.. has a city supports club..

Branch meeting September 8th 2pm , the Premier League Trophy and the Community Shield will be there.

How do I join. Can anyone turn up?
yes... but be early, it can get bloddy busy in there...BUT ALAS only when it conected to CITY...beware its a ROBBIES HOUSE..

colinbellsboots said:
johnmc said:
Lucky13 said:
Branch meeting September 8th 2pm , the Premier League Trophy and the Community Shield will be there.

yes... but be early, it can get bloody busy in there...BUT ALAS only when it connected to CITY...beware its a ROBBIES HOUSE..

How's the owner doing?

smudgedj said:
colinbellsboots said:
johnmc said:
yes... but be early, it can get bloody busy in there...BUT ALAS only when it connected to CITY...beware its a ROBBIES HOUSE..

How's the owner doing?
to be honest i dont know...dont like to ask...but im sure one of the others on ere will know...i dont drink, so dont go in there that often.. though i live but a stones throw away

AuYTbEnCIAAgU6I.jpg

AuYTvl5CMAArSqH.jpg

AuYXt4iCQAAXgtB.jpg

colinbellsboots said:
the MARCH HARE crowhill road.. has a city supports club..

Really? ;)

Anyway - the next meeting is Saturday 2nd September at 2pm. The trophy visits are Sunday 8th September at 6pm.

From the Facebook event page:
"Please note that BRANCH MEMBERS ONLY will be able to take their pictures with the trophies (don't forget your membership cards), but anyone is invited to come and have a "look". If you would like to become a member, we will be available from 5pm on the day to take memberships - or come along to our next meeting on the 2nd September 2pm at the March Hare. This will be an event to raise money for charity as well, so we will be asking for donations. All the money raised will go to City In The Community and our branch charity Brain Tumour Research. Hope to see you there :)"

Website : <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcsc-aul.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcsc-aul.co.uk</a>

As for Carl (landlord), he's doing as fine as he can be.

cheers
Andy
Chairman
Manchester City Supporters Club (1949) - Ashton-under-Lyne branch

Just been reading through this thread, and noticed the name of Harry Revel. Harry used to come with us in my mate's car in the early/mid 70s, but I've not seen him in 30 years. He was about 15 years older than me, and I'm now 66, so that would put him in his early 80s. Is he still going/alive? If so, I'd love to see him again.

I used to live on Knowle Avenue when I was single, in the corner house at the bottom of Crowhill Road. Been in the Hare many times. There was no branch in Ashton then, and for a time was treasurer of the Ducky branch, with Alan Galley as the secretary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.