Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MillsyTheMosher

This is of course based on the current situation we find ourselves in. Granted, things may happen that unfold later in the window which change peoples perspectives.

I think it’s been a mixed window personally. Losing Mahrez, Gundo and Laporte (soon to join Al Nassr) is far from ideal but undoubtedly Kova and Gvardiol are both outstanding pieces of business.

I do however, find it truly staggering that we have failed to land a central midfielder (ideally someone that can play 6/8) that can cover Rodri, given the fact Pep seems to be out right refusing to offer Phillips any sort of game time. It’s been concerning to see several of our top targets fail to materialise (Bellingham, Rice, Pacqueta) for various reasons, some of which I don’t think Txiki is to blame.

Overall, on the basis that there are no further incomings i am pretty underwhelmed by the window. Surely the chance to capitalise on the worlds best players is after a treble and revenue record breaking season but it seems the club have other ideas. For context, I think Txiki is an outstanding sporting director and I wouldn’t swap him for anyone else but that doesn’t mean he or the club are immune from criticism.

Very happy with who we've bought so far.
Clearly incomplete so far.
I will wait till the window is over/ our business complete till I can assess.

Gvardiol and Kovacic are not replacements for Gundogan and Mahrez. It's 2 defensive players for 2 attacking midfielders. It doesn't compare.

Wait till Txiki pulls Barella and Wirtz out of his hat. Kovacic + Gvardiol + Barella + Wirtz would be the greatest transfer window of any team ever ;).

This is of course based on the current situation we find ourselves in. Granted, things may happen that unfold later in the window which change peoples perspectives.

I think it’s been a mixed window personally. Losing Mahrez, Gundo and Laporte (soon to join Al Nassr) is far from ideal but undoubtedly Kova and Gvardiol are both outstanding pieces of business.

I do however, find it truly staggering that we have failed to land a central midfielder (ideally someone that can play 6/8) that can cover Rodri, given the fact Pep seems to be out right refusing to offer Phillips any sort of game time. It’s been concerning to see several of our top targets fail to materialise (Bellingham, Rice, Pacqueta) for various reasons, some of which I don’t think Txiki is to blame.

Overall, on the basis that there are no further incomings i am pretty underwhelmed by the window. Surely the chance to capitalise on the worlds best players is after a treble and revenue record breaking season but it seems the club have other ideas. For context, I think Txiki is an outstanding sporting director and I wouldn’t swap him for anyone else but that doesn’t mean he or the club are immune from criticism.
Bit early for such an assessment.

on the basis that there are no further incomings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.