Assuming we get Eto'o and Tevez

Assuming we get these two, we can also assume two other things:

1) Top 4 finish
2) Me creaming my pants!

pedro666 said:
agree scoring goals will not be a problem but conceding certainly is going by last season would rather burst the bank for terry or toure

I've read wuite a few people that have been worried about our defence. I just think with a full pre season players like De Jong will really settle in.

I think something along the lines of, currently:

Ireland
Barry De Jong

Bridge Onuoha Kompany Micah

Looks strong, very strong. Any new signings will surely only improve that and there's flexibility there with Micah, Zab, Kompany and Barry all able to play numerous positions.

I think we're being very wise with the number, and quality, of forwards we're getting in. Not one of them will be guaranteed a place in the starting line up if they're all fit. We'll also have insurance if one of the big signings fails to come off, doesn't settle, gets a long term inury etc. It won't break our season.

Don't forget Eto will be playing in the african nations so we'd lose him in january and santa cruz would be perfect for away games, it's all about looking at the bench, seeing the difference in talent sat there from last season and saying.....right!! lets change the game.

This is what we should do...

Eto Santa Cruz Tevez

Robinho

De Jong Barry

Them 6 would do over any team imo.... we wouldnt need superman anymore if we get eto and tevez. Superman is a good player but imo he misses too many chances..... this would give a more solid team.

ussy said:
Superman is a good player but imo he misses too many chances

He's put away enough too. All players miss a fair few. Eto'o will miss a fortune of chances. And Robinho. And Tevez. It's being the position to attempt them and concert a few that matters. Ireland not only poses a huge threat but covers well all over the pitch. His energy would be sorely missed so for me would always be a starter.

Not a chance of the title 09/10 but no reason why not 10/11 once everyone has bedded-in and our system has been 'tweaked'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.