Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

A game like many last season, our minds were on the next match and went through the motions. Didn't get away with it today, but a wake up call for the next couple of games

Motd made it look like villa we're all over us 2nd half , all the talk about the offside , the ref blows his whistle and we stop playing , agree that it wasn't offside but the ref stops play

Frustrating game to watch, partly due to sloppy passing in the first half but mainly due to the ref giving free reign to Villa, Martinez in particula, to waste huge amounts of time as well as nicking 10 - 15 from throw ins and free kicks. How the fuck only six minutes of injury time was played all game is beyond me. Five subs, two goals (it was around 90 seconds to restart after they scored) an injury to Cash which was three and half minutes alone plus the fake injury to Martinez. i reckon Martinez alone wasted around seven or eight minutes in just the second half. Weak ref who let them get away will all sorts. Sooner the game has two half’s of 35 minutes each with independent time keepers as they do in rugby the better and if a game takes two hours to finish then so be it. Pissed off with teams taking the puss and refs doing fuck all.
Taking the puss? That’s a new one on me!

Fair result. A few average performances from us but good to see Haaland score and get two shots on target that MOTD ignored. Cancelo should have done better with their goal.

Seems odd not to give Alvarez a run-out when he's been on fire, but managers like to be perverse sometimes and Pep is no exception.

Fair result. A few average performances from us but good to see Haaland score and get two shots on target that MOTD ignored. Cancelo should have done better with their goal.
Cancelo is a poor defender. He just doesn’t respond like a defender to situations like that. However it should have been dealt with well before that by Stones and Rodri who not only gave the ball away but then didn’t try hard enough in my opinion to stop the cross coming in. Goals come too easily against us at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.