Aston Villa (A) Post-Match Thread

Is this a hint to Pep? Are you subliminally suggesting he play Bravo next time we see these folks...

I'm on to you buddy :8

They're already out the FA Cup (hence Fulham for us), so If we are fortunate enough to see them again this season, then I have no doubt Bravo will be in goals for the League Cup Final. ;-)

IIRC, we finished level on points with 5th placed United as well.

It’s the Barca one that gets me the most though. He took over when they were third and turned them into the greatest club side ever. Yet, it’s regularly made out like Pep could not fail with that side.

“He had Messi”.

He was the one who got rid of the prima-donnas and built the side around Messi, whilst coaching the rest of the team to play the best football ever.

I thought I heard him say words to the effect that he'd managed dominant teams in the past, but this was something else ?

That was it.

It was a needless comment aimed at providing a caveat to Pep’s record. Pep’s only managed 3 sides and the only dominant one he took over was Bayern.

He made us and Barca the dominant sides in our league. He even sustained Bayern’s dominance as well.

Smith post match: "the three players that scored is worth more than my whole squad"

Isn't this clown about to be relegated after spending 100 million in the summer
He's absolutely right though? The three players that scored are worth more than his whole squad.

Unless of course he was confusing 'worth' with 'cost'.

I thought City played quite well but fortunately I've just read the reports in a few of the papers and with the help of the posts from those likeable, good humoured Liverpool fans (who speak quite good English!!!!) I now realise that we only won at all because Villa were so hopeless. This uselessness appears to be something reserved for this game against City because Villa must have realised the futility of trying to resist a side of cynical foulers which has the support of referees and VAR alike and is the chosen candidate of the PL to win the title (something obviously went wrong there!). I believed, naively, that Villa's implosion was the result, in part at least, to the pressure we put them under and that that lad Aguero isn't a bad player but....Well, I suppose one day we might be able to do the demolition job on them Livarpool did at Villa Park.

That was it.

It was a needless comment aimed at providing a caveat to Pep’s record. Pep’s only managed 3 sides and the only dominant one he took over was Bayern.

He made us and Barca the dominant sides in our league. He even sustained Bayern’s dominance as well.

Possibly/probably, but I didn't really see it like that, my interpretation was that he said it to emphasize what an even better job he'd done here.

PS, not defending them btw, 9 times out of 10 there's usually a snide dig in there.

Ref in the way

25/75% possession = 6/12 on fouls

Pen for Jesus not given

Just another day at the office.
Let alone the timekeeping, 1 minute added in the first half and just over a minute in the 2nd despite 7 goals, longer than usual Var reviews as it’s us who scored and subs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.