Aston Villa (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAG

Good news is they are playing mid week as well otherwise at this time of the year we usually go to the league games with the opponent having the advantage of having had a full week rest after the busy festive period ...

Not only they play this mid week but they also play a day later (tomorrow, away to Leicester) ... not sure how seriously they’d be taking the League Cup semi finals given their league position but if there was a league game they could write off and focus on the cup would be the one against us ... let’s see how they lineup tomorrow night and that’d give us a good idea of their mindset ... I’d actually rather play them in the one off Final than Brenda’s Leicester City ...

We have four clear days in between our games for the first time since I can’t even remember when ... and good thing is both Aguero and Jesus have had their decent rest ...

This is the team I expect (or something similar there of) ... Pep to continue with three at the back, Rodri being the third ...

Ederson
Cancelo - Ferna - Rodri - Stones - Zinchenko
Silva Snr - Silva Jnr
KdB - Aguero - Foden

C’mon City ... another win, another three points and we carry on ...

Ederson
Cancelo
Fernandinho
Garcia
Mendy
Rodri
De Bruyne
Foden
Bernardo Silva
Mahrez
Aguero

Ederson

Walker Garcia Fernan; Cancelo Bernardo Gundogan Mendy; De Bruyne Mahrez Aguero

I like City's set-up being unpredictable. Pep's tinkering has worked. He's changed to 3 at the back. He's dropped the forwards. The opposition does not know what to expect.

It will be interesting to see what side Villa put out tonight. Their priority must be the Premier League but they are in a Cup semi-final against a Midlands rival. I think they will have to play a strong side.

Leaving both Kun and Gabby on the bench yesterday might mean that both start against Villa. If Jesus in on the bench again, then he won't start 3 games in a row after the Everton game in which he was brilliant. Kun needs minutes to regain form too.

Garcia or stones instead of Otamendi please. I’d like Cancelo to get another game especially if we play with the 3 at the back again even though Walker was great against the rags.

Keep playing the players that are getting into some form ie Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, Mendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.