Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

I can't believe I haven't got round to this yet. Well done City, well done Pep and the rest of the backroom staff. They said 2020-21 wasn't doable without bringing in a striker at the start of the season. Then when City did that, they said it would be impossible to repeat it at the start of the this one just gone. That's essentially back to back wins without a striker. I don't care what they say about Klopp, he has his strengths but he's not doing that, nobody else but Pep is with this team.

Proud of the boys in blue, well deserved winners of this title race.

Great contributions in this game from Zinny, Gundo and Sterling and as usual KDB, Rodri and Jesus before and after they came on.

Last edited:
Edit: Actually fuck it, it will change nothing by pointing it out and even though I've named no names, someone will will inevitably see their arse for bringing it up. Which was not my intention.

Last edited:
I was wondering whether to post this or not because I don't want to lower the tone and start any in-fighting. Still unsure whether it's worth the hassle, but I will briefly mention the serial doom mongers(not to be confused with the politely pessimistic who everybody understands). Who are far too often trying to make it about themselves. Waiting for their chance to say "I told you so, I know mi football innit, x player is crap, Pep is a bottler" etc...

Firstly, I hope they realise that they are fortunate nobody remembers much of that after a title win(too happy), or goes to the trouble of saving comments like that to come back to(personally, I don't like to single people out in that way). It was the same the season before, turning on other blues, calling them happy clappers for disagreeing etc. Secondly, I hope this team and Pep have finally earned some faith(and perhaps a bit more respect than they sometimes show) with some of these people.
Why let them bother you. Just concentrate on the vast vast majority who aren’t like that

I've just started watching a special episode of Premier League World on City's title win. If anyone is interested:

PL World Special - The Champions Story

Might be worth making a new thread for all the documentaries and special episodes.

Last edited:
I can't believe I haven't got round to this yet. Well done City, well done Pep and the rest of the backroom staff. They said 2020-21 wasn't doable without bringing in a striker at the start of the season. Then when City did that, they said it would be impossible to repeat it at the start of the this one just gone. That's essentially back to back wins without a striker. I don't care what they say about Klopp, he has his strengths but he's not doing that, nobody else but Pep is with this team.

Proud of the boys in blue, well deserved winners of this title race.

Great contributions in this game from Zinny, Gundo and Sterling and as usual KDB, Rodri and Jesus before and after they came on.
And the thing is, we didn't just not have a "striker"; we started with 1, then sold him and won it without one, scoring 99 goals in the process - more than any other team!

And the thing is, we didn't just not have a "striker"; we started with 1, then sold him and won it without one, scoring 99 goals in the process - more than any other team!
Nobody conceded fewer goals either. Shame about conceding more than Liverpool on the final day because that levelled the goals against tallies. Our defence injuries started before they lost VVD(last two games was it?), it should be pointed out.

Watched the last twenty mins about fifty times and the whole game once , shades of ten years ago
Also watched the parts of the dippers game whens news came through Villa had scored their first and second goal. They were wetting their pants. In contrast the silence when news of our goals coming though was beautiful to listen too.

We were two nil down in last 2 games of the season. Didn't lose either. What mentality.

Roll on Leicester for charity shield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.