Aston Villa PL (H) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Rodri by a country mile. He's carrying the team on his back.

Phil was pretty lousy until his goal before the break, hiding in fact.

Great goals, but I thought Rico and Dias had their best games in a long time too.
They were all a bit 'lost' u front for the first half hour. Started to click 10 min's before half time

Vote for who you like and if its not Foden then you have shit for brains .Just got home and I'm gobsmacked what a genius we have OMG I'm not gay but I fucking love him he's just as good as Lakey fucking WOW what a perfomance ,I can't sleep I'm still buzzing
Great to see my old fav Paul Lake get a mention...

Sad connection between Villa and Lake ,was that it was against last night's opponent that Lake ,playing centre back ,damaged his knee to an extent that he was never the same player again. I was there on the Kippax that mid week night , a sad memory.,altho none of us knew at the time how serious the injury was.

Watching home grown players step into our 1st team and flourish, to me, means more than anything, difficult to explain,when we 've had so many expensive quality overseas additions...just a personal view of mine ,which is of no relevance whatsoever in the grand scheme of things ; )

Getting back to Foden...he now only has to play at centre back and full back for City ,to match Lakes record of playing in every single outfield position for us....who would bet against this happening?

Great to see my old fav Paul Lake get a mention...

Sad connection between Villa and Lake ,was that it was against last night's opponent that Lake ,playing centre back ,damaged his knee to an extent that he was never the same player again. I was there on the Kippax that mid week night , a sad memory.,altho none of us knew at the time how serious the injury was.

Watching home grown players step into our 1st team and flourish, to me, means more than anything, difficult to explain,when we 've had so many expensive quality overseas additions...just a personal view of mine ,which is of no relevance whatsoever in the grand scheme of things ; )

Getting back to Foden...he now only has to play at centre back and full back for City ,to match Lakes record of playing in every single outfield position for us....who would bet against this happening?
He's worth the ticket price on his own.
My old Dad loved Foden when he was a kid playing for England and raved about him all the time. He knew a bit about football.

He's worth the ticket price on his own.
My old Dad loved Foden when he was a kid playing for England and raved about him all the time. He knew a bit about football.
Can't fault yer Dads judgement.

Everyone should have sat up and taken notice when he was man of the tournament for young England away from home a few years ago..

Then when he dribbed past 7 players , on a run from the half way line, made the keeper sit down ,and scored again for young England ...before promptly being dropped for the next game ..thanks Adey boothroyd ,you Muppet, England knocked out .......Foden always sidelinded.

Then you have Foden away at Cheltenham ( fa cup ?) when he dribbled round 6 or 7 players..Pep would have been furious tbh... , but every Chelten ham fan there that day would have been gobsmacked...sublime skill, as was the superb controled volley at the far post ,later in the game to score..( ive seen many a less skilled plsyer put thst in row z....)

A wonderful player ,a credit to City S youth set up .

And only gonna get better, by the look of it.

Only Gareth Southgate cannot see this. ..mainoo,I goal in 20 matches steps straight into centre mid..beggars belief.

All Aston villa fans, as bitter as they are about us, will understand, who the best English centre midfield player is now...

Last edited:
Rodri by a country mile. He's carrying the team on his back.

Phil was pretty lousy until his goal before the break, hiding in fact.

Great goals, but I thought Rico and Dias had their best games in a long time too.
Don't think he was hiding...may be just adjusting to his centre mid role

Don't know if you understand how it can take a player to get used to a different role ..not as simple as it looks pal.

After being played for 2 full matches out wide for Southgate , prob being knackered against Arsenal.... took him a bit of time to adjust v Villa.who are no mugs .... but as we've seen with Foden, ie Everton away couple seasons back, he grows into a game, .., eventually takes games by the scruff of the neck....sign of a Great player ,imo.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.