Aston Villa

Ducado

Team supported
City
Thought I would start this thread after today's game, it shows how far we are in our journey that most people are not really bothered about them, mainly because they are so far behind us

But I have a soft spot for them as a club, reading Talk Villa it seems that some of their fans have finally woken up to the what the implications of FFP are for them, stuck with an owner that won't or can't invest and hoping for mid table at best, in any normal market you would think that the biggest club in a major UK population area would be a prime target for a rich investor

They do deserve better and the Premier League would be better having a them fighting at the top rather than aiming for Mid Table

Yeah, totally agree. They're in a very similar situation to where we were 10 years ago, but they don't have that glimmer of hope of investment to cling on to anymore.

Bluewonder said:
Yeah, totally agree. They're in a very similar situation to where we were 10 years ago, but they don't have that glimmer of hope of investment to cling on to anymore.

It must be depressing for them, especially now they have seen that FFP has snubbed out any hope of catching up

I read Villatalk earlier and there's some right bitter fuckers on there, up with some Arsenal fans.

Villa Park is one of my favourite away grounds and I know a few Villa fans that are sound as fuck, but a lot on there can just fuck off. 'They are all that's wrong with modern football' etc. etc.

Blame the cause, not the result.

Bilboblue said:
I read Villatalk earlier and there's some right bitter fuckers on there, up with some Arsenal fans.

Villa Park is one of my favourite away grounds and I know a few Villa fans that are sound as fuck, but a lot on there can just fuck off. 'They are all that's wrong with modern football' etc. etc.

Blame the cause, not the result.

I think a few are slowly waking up to what has happened, they were a top 8 club until a few years ago and play in the the countries 3rd City

Did the Villa turkeys vote for xmas with the whole PL ffp thing? if so they can fucking lie in their bed that they made themselves.

villa with the right investment are potentially a massive football club , but FFP has taken away any chance of a sleeping giant becoming a european force again , i remember the villa euro cup winning team , morley,shaw,withe,mortimer some brilliant players , Sad that they now consider mid table a good season , do platini and UEFA know how many dreams they have shattered with their moronic FFP rules ?

I always crack a smile when someone mentions Villa on account of my (ex) step-brother, a not exactly die hard but ultimately very keen Villa fan, who used to enjoy reminding me how shit we were on a regular basis. There was one particular season they finished probably 6th again. He was yapping on about Europe, and I remember thinking how wonderful and easy it must be to support the them. And whether I would ever get to enjoy City finishing 6th and getting into Europe. Well we've done Europe but I'm still waiting for that 6th place finish.

I thought that Villa were one of the clubs who voted against FFP ?

If I am wrong can someone refresh my memory ?

I can understand the Villa fans frustration at us. For years they were a far better side and then suddenly we get our money and we steal Barry and Milner from them. I know a few Villa fans and they generally know their stuff.

They should by right be competing for the Europa places with Spurs, Everton and United.

Helmet Cole said:
Did the Villa turkeys vote for xmas with the whole PL ffp thing? if so they can fucking lie in their bed that they made themselves.

Yeah, more than happy to shout about how we are plastic and everything wrong with football while the Scum et al tie the noose around their necks. This is what they wanted, fuck em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.