At City Today.

jrb

Gary Cook: So Much For The Semi Final Family/Fan Experience

Let me set the scene.

5 of us going. Me, two mates, my Girlfriend and my Stepdaughter.

Me and my mates are in the cup scheme. My girlfriend isn't.(she has well over 5000 loyalty points) My Stepdaughter is a Junior.

Obviously we all wanted to sit together at the semi-final.

Anyway. My mate has been queuing since 8 this morning.(I work Saturdays)

Just rang me.

The ticket office would only let us have 4 tickets. Mine, my mates and a Junior. They wouldn't let us have another ticket for my Girlfriend. She has to go down on Monday and get her own.

So we now have a situation where she will have to take the day off work or queue up after work.(fair enough) Even so, she won't be able to sit with her Daughter unless I swap seats with her, which I will do. This obviously means I won't be able to sit with any of them.

No doubt many on BM will say well that's the criteria the club has set down and all fans have to adhere to it. Well, you couldn't be more wrong.

Because as we know, the OSC supporters(oh here we go again, blah, blah) who aren't in the cup scheme, and who don't have the correct amount of loyalty points, have managed to get their tickets. Not only that, but they'll probably be sat with each other. I'll repeat that again. They'll probably be sat with each other.

So Gary, how does that work? You and the people that came up with this criteria won't let families and fiends sit together, but you'll let OSC branch members sit together. Perhaps I'm missing something? Feel free.

Please tell me about creating a family friendly club. What's the buzz word at City? The family/fan experience. What happened to a bit of common sense Gary? FFS! My girlfriend wanted to sit next to her Daughter. Your criteria wouldn't let her.

Here's a suggestion.(I'm sure I'll get a few in this thread) If we beat United I suggest you sit down with the other high paid Execs at City, look at that criteria and wording once again before the final, and try and use a bit of common sense.

Anyway, I'm bailing out of this thread. I've made my point and I've made it to the person that matters. I fully expect the usual tirade. I've just done it, so feel free. However, I'm not going to spend the next X amount of hours trying to justify my post and my actions to other BMooners. If you don't agree, fair enough. Have your pound of flesh.

Re: Gary Cook: So Much For The Semi Final Family/Fan Experience

Just got mine after 4 and a half hours queuing.

Saw a few in same boat as OP, club should have just stuck with points IMO.

Group and juniors just added confusion, and situations where people who don't exactly got the criteria miss out.

jrb said:
Let me set the scene.

5 of us going. Me, two mates, my Girlfriend and my Stepdaughter.

Me and my mates are in the cup scheme. My girlfriend isn't.(she has well over 5000 loyalty points) My Stepdaughter is a Junior.

Obviously we all wanted to sit together at the semi-final.

Anyway. My mate has been queuing since 8 this morning.(I work Saturdays)

Just rang me.

The ticket office would only let us have 4 tickets. Mine, my mates and a Junior. They wouldn't let us have another ticket for my Girlfriend. She has to go down on Monday and get her own.

So we now have a situation where she will have to take the day off work or queue up after work.(fair enough) Even so, she won't be able to sit with her Daughter unless I swap seats with her, which I will do. This obviously means I won't be able to sit with any of them.

No doubt many on BM will say well that's the criteria the club has set down and all fans have to adhere to it. Well, you couldn't be more wrong.

Because as we know, the OSC supporters(oh here we go again, blah, blah) who aren't in the cup scheme, and who don't have the correct amount of loyalty points, have managed to get their tickets. Not only that, but they'll probably be sat with each other. I'll repeat that again. They'll probably be sat with each other.

So Gary, how does that work? You and the people that came up with this criteria won't let families and fiends sit together, but you'll let OSC branch members sit together. Perhaps I'm missing something? Feel free.

Please tell me about creating a family friendly club. What's the buzz word at City? The family/fan experience. What happened to a bit of common sense Gary? FFS! My girlfriend wanted to sit next to her Daughter. Your criteria wouldn't let her.

Here's a suggestion.(I'm sure I'll get a few in this thread) If we beat United I suggest you sit down with the other high paid Execs at City, look at that criteria and wording once again before the final, and try and use a bit of common sense.

Anyway, I'm bailing out of this thread. I've made my point and I've made it to the person that matters. I fully expect the usual tirade. I've just done it, so feel free. However, I'm not going to spend the next X amount of hours trying to justify my post and my actions to other BMooners. If you don't agree, fair enough. Have your pound of flesh.

Why don't you just get out and buy a few smoke bombs and cheer the fuck up.

Are you ever happy?

This is one of the reasons I won't be bothering with a ticket, I can not be arsed with all the fucking about to get a ticket, they should have put them on open sale to all season ticket holders no matter how many loyalty points they have, hanging on a phone and queing up for hours, sorry I can't be arsed will stay at home and watch it on the box and save myself a few hundred quid to boot

i thought that if there were four or more and they had more than 3000 points and more than half met the criteria you all qualify as a 'group' and get them together

Anyway, I'm bailing out of this thread. I've made my point and I've made it to the person that matters
The fact it's seen as a "family experience"day out makes me want to spew,a semi-final at wembley means a big fat zero it should have been boycotted by both sets of fans.

why didnt you wait till monday, so you could get them altogether?

It's quite clear from the selling criteria on the website;-

"it is important to note that should they wish to sit with fellow supporters who are not active members of the FA Cup Games Direct scheme, they can only purchase together when other Seasoncard holders within the group are eligible to purchase in their own right (with the requisite number of loyalty points)."

Why would anyone queue up for hours without checking the selling criteria first or ringing the club for clarification? Could have gone tomorrow & got them all, no problem. Much easier to blame the club I suppose...

tasker said:
why didnt you wait till monday, so you could get them altogether?

He can't make it then.

He's out buying fucking loads of blue smoke bombs...

;-))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.