At least some good has come from them riots...

saves us all the outbreak of sky mania proclaiming tom fkn cleverly being the new alan shearer?

SWP's back said:
Something that suits my train of thought and agenda = interesting thread

Plus ca change eh? ;-)

Personally, your last line is correct Dave. It all depends on which game preseason was geared towards and no offence to Dan but we have an army of more qualified coaches and sports scientists formulating our training and as you say, it's hard to gauge the qua,ity of training from one session as you dont know what took place on the days before or after.
Indeed there will be, and a team of them. But there was a stark difference between the two teams fitness levels on Sunday which is why I was so shocked. I actually couldn't believe my eyes. That's when I looked back at our pre-season games where we had three run-outs against MLS teams and a game v Inter (because the Airtricity game was basically the EDS not the first team) who were in their first week of pre-season and only had about five first XI players.. leading up to the CS. So that's one game against a good and fit opposition in the whole of pre-season. For me, we need another, hence why I thought this International would have been perfect.

117 M34 said:
I would presume the training session at the stadium was the lightest one of the week. Wouldn't want to give too much away when in full public view. I'm sure united and Swansea will have had scouts at the session.

They were hardly going to show coaches screaming at players like sergeant majors, or players puking in full view of the media were they?

This thing about training sessions being long but not intense also bugs me. The one thing we know from the training reports is that Mancini spends a lot of time on formations, organisation and tactics. As a result we're better organised than ever (United's 3rd goal being something that we used to see all the time but is now something that stands out because of its rarity). But that sort of training just isnt somthing that can ever be described as intense. That doesnt mean its not worthwhile.

SWP's back said:
Alergicgrass said:
Good news for Club Football.

Screw internationals, they are a pointless carnival and the equivalent of F1 in motor sport.

F1 is great thanks.

Yeah, I like F1, particularly when Hamilton screws it up on the first corner or failing that, doesn't make the podium! I don't know but I have a sneaking feeling he races with a green and yeller shirt under his asbestos suit!

Our fitness was fine at the end of the season when everyone else was faltering and we won some of our biggest ever games.

It was fine then and it will be fine this season.

But we're all missing out seeing the English Messi that is Tom Cleverley<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:41 pm --<br /><br />Don't forget, according to Henry Winter, the rags are the core of the England team - and that includes Wellbeck

Are you being serious "Some Good" People have died, lost their homes etc. I would rather habe the game played and none of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.