Athletic and Manchester City sealed a strategic alliance.

whicko

Aguero anyone?

Spanish publication AS suggest Manchester City have struck a collaborative deal with Atletico Madrid, which will see the two clubs share sponsorship contacts and information on player scouting.

The report intimates the cash-rich Premier League club’s new relationship with Atletico, could give Roberto Mancini first refusal on the La Liga side’s star assets Sergio Aguero and David De Gea, both of whom have been strongly linked with Manchester United and Chelsea.

AS indicate the strategic alliance is one of the most important in Atletico’s rich history, with the Spanish club set to benefit from Manchester City’s widening scouting network and global appeal, while the Premier League club will undoubtedly endeavour to keep a closer eye on any Spanish talent emerging through the ranks.

Intriguingly the relationship would reportedly enable Manchester City to steal a march on their Premier League counterparts in the hunt for Aguero and De Gea.

The latter has in recent weeks been widely reported as the man earmarked by Sir Alex Ferguson to replace Edwin Van der Sar, and last month the Times suggested the Red Devils had opened talks over a £15 million deal.

Although the story was subsequently denied, Ferguson is known to be a huge admirer of De Gea but could face an even tougher task to land the prodigious stopper given Atletico’s new relationship with their bitter rivals.

Re: Aguero anyone?

Possibly bullshit but I would be made up if we signed him. Can play as the third striker as well as one of a pair. Not sure bout his height tho. Do we want another midget? Personally I'd take him, the lads got pure skill & pace to burn! The partnership between us & Atletico would be cool as well. It'd be a big screw you to the Rags! We're going places.

Yep I'd have Aguero, can't see it happening but who knows, we've brought in the likes of Silva and co.

Heard a huge fuss about Aguero but not seen much of him tbh. With regards to De Gea - the scum got their noses pushed out pretty quickly on that one, so could be something in it, but unlikely I think.

Think Mancini is a pretty good judge of player - he probably has a better idea of what we need and what kind of player will perform will in our league now, so if we go for them, then I'll get excited about the possibility, Until then, just two more names on the media circulation list. Apparently in January we will be buying all or some the following players:

Maicon
Dani Alves
Fábio Coentrão
David Luiz
Stefan Radu
Javi Martinez
David De Gea
Sergio Aguero
Jefferson Farfan
Juan Vargas
Gervinho
Edin Dzeko
Fernando Torres
Andy Carroll
Hulk
Bruma
Rogelio Funes Mori
Javier Pastore
Mark Van Bommel
Nathan Ake
Gai Assulin
Jano Aninidze
Alan
Bastien Schweigsteiger
Antonio Cassano
Mirko Vucinic
Daniel Carrico
Maxi Pereira
Eden Hazard
Cristian Zapata
Šime Vrsaljko
Jordan Henderson
Pablo Insua
Frank Acheampong
Thomas Mueller
Romelo Lukaku
Victor Ruiz
Landon Donovan
Matty Gilkes
Jason Steele
Renato Agusto
Douglas Costa

Am sure I have forgotten a hundred more or so, but I'm already booking the entire of January off work to sit there with my Stella and popcorn in front of SSN. Hoping for a hand-held mini-vac for Christmas, then I'm all set.

Our unwanted striker, Caicedo, just sank Atletico 2-0 last week. All Atletico's superstars (Aguero, Forlan, Reyes, Simao, ...) were there too.

We shouldn't go for anyone who's slagged us off previously.

Good player, nowhere near the finished article yet though. Still very inconsistent but when he's on form he can be so explosive. He's pacey, good finisher, good dribbler, but wouldn't link well with Tevez. He's not what City need right now but should Tevez leave I think he'd be the perfect replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.