Athletics Thread

There's a bit of a rematch at the Zurich Diamond league meeting tomorrow evening. The first 4 from the men's 1500M at the Olympics are all due to race each other again over the same distance. So Kerr, Ingebrigtsen, Hocker and Nuguise. The 6th and 7th from the Olympics are also turning up. Should be a cracking race.

There's a bit of a rematch at the Zurich Diamond league meeting tomorrow evening. The first 4 from the men's 1500M at the Olympics are all due to race each other again over the same distance. So Kerr, Ingebrigtsen, Hocker and Nuguise. The 6th and 7th from the Olympics are also turning up. Should be a cracking race.

Might be talking out of my arse but I don't think Hocker will get close to repeating that performance.

Common sense prevails. Might seem like I have an agenda against Sydney, I don't, I just think a world class athlete should be competing more.

However, allowing her to compete in the diamond league finals having not met the criteria would have been a pisstake to the athletes that have competed all season and might have actually led to a boycott. Not to mention the other world class athletes that would then do the same thing in future seasons.

Common sense prevails. Might seem like I have an agenda against Sydney, I don't, I just think a world class athlete should be competing more.

However, allowing her to compete in the diamond league finals having not met the criteria would have been a pisstake to the athletes that have competed all season and might have actually led to a boycott. Not to mention the other world class athletes that would then do the same thing in future seasons.

Mu got a wildcard last season because it was in Eugene, beat Keely and took the money, absolutely disgraceful. Can't remember if SML got one as well?

Well said. Tbh, I’m pretty staggered she’s bothered flying back over to Europe at all …

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.