Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

I don't know what happened to us after we came out for the second half, but it was shocking.

No pass into midfield, Eddie having to kick long, Gundo gassed, Sterling anonymous.

If this was Pep's Champs League aberration for this season, at least it came now.

Cancelo out of the semi first leg, Walker and Kev possibly out, Phil kicked to shit.

Saturday is going to be a painful day I fear.

Stones and Eddie were heroes and Fern settled us down when we needed it.

Love Zinchenko even more after going after Savic.

Well done boys, had our luck, but showed immense bollocks.
It pains me to say it, but we might just have to take Saturday on the chin after that. It’s an FA Cup semi but it is the least of our concerns and let’s be honest, the lads looked fucked. I would rather Pep say they are gassed, than run them into the ground and potentially impact the PL and CL run in.

Manchester City

Manchester City defender John Stones, speaking to BT Sport: "We know that they sometimes try and make things happen like that and we dealt with it really well, it is not nice to talk about and I don't want to dwell on it because over the two legs we played incredible against such an experienced side in what they do, we kept our tempers and it is easy to get drawn into stuff like that.

"We knew it was not an easy place to come, it is a hostile environment, it was a difficult night all round and how we defended and controlled ourselves over the two legs was incredible.

"Phil (Foden) was such a threat in both games, instant impact in the first and how he drove us up the pitch tonight, gained yards and free-kicks - I think he is feeling it now."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.