Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Sundays game took it's toll 2nd half, but by god didn't the boys dig deep. Walker was brilliant but injury looks nasty, Stones was a giant, Ake cool as you like when he came on, Phil took some sort of crap but kept at it and Eddy was there when needed.

Reactions: dom
It pains me to say it, but we might just have to take Saturday on the chin after that. It’s an FA Cup semi but it is the least of our concerns and let’s be honest, the lads looked fucked. I would rather Pep say they are gassed, than run them into the ground and potentially impact the PL and CL run in.
We should ring the changes and if we go out, we go out, don’t care. League is more important and the squad fitness after that game is not good.

I don't know what happened to us after we came out for the second half, but it was shocking.

No pass into midfield, Eddie having to kick long, Gundo gassed, Sterling anonymous.

If this was Pep's Champs League aberration for this season, at least it came now.

Cancelo out of the semi first leg, Walker and Kev possibly out, Phil kicked to shit.

Saturday is going to be a painful day I fear.

Stones and Eddie were heroes and Fern settled us down when we needed it.

Love Zinchenko even more after going after Savic.

Well done boys, had our luck, but showed immense bollocks.
They had to score so had to go for it.
It was no surprise they would put pressure on us at some point.
We did well to see them off and to stay pretty calm considering.

Well played CITY!

Surprised they have any squad left to field each week.

What they do has no place at the top table in football. Even lower league clubs over here don't play like that anymore. The fucking pundits might tiptoe around them one of them should have the courage to tell it as it is. Rags or not I'd buy the ones who pelted Simeone with bottles a drink, a pity they didn't throw them harder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.