Atom smasher a success.

Feed-The-Goat said:
could someone put this into none science talk as im a lttle bit slow.

As I understand it, Damocles or someone could probably explain better, they are trying to smash 2 atoms together at a very high energy to see of the model for an atom we have is correct by finding a particle called a Higgs-Boson particlewe haven't seen yet, which would also prove the Big Bang happened.

without a dream said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
could someone put this into none science talk as im a lttle bit slow.

As I understand it, Damocles or someone could probably explain better, they are trying to smash 2 atoms together at a very high energy to see of the model for an atom we have is correct by finding a particle called a Higgs-Boson particlewe haven't seen yet, which would also prove the Big Bang happened.

Thanks

without a dream said:
mammutly said:
this research will show us how we were created but unfortunately we will be destroyed in the process

The ultimate irony, I like it. Worse ways to go.
Its amazing what their up to, trouble is most scientists would rather die than have rheir theories disproved which is worrying.

crizack said:
intead of spending BILLIONS every year to find out how we exist and if theres life on planet zog, wouldn't it be better off used to find cure to as yet incurable diseases?

I personally think that the hydron collider is the biggest load of bollocks after the millenium dome, but then again, i'm not a scientist being paid hundreds of thousands a year to smah atoms into eachother so what would i know.

If all you're concerned ;) with is the utility of science do you not think that understanding our reality better will help us in practical ways?

ElanJo said:
crizack said:
intead of spending BILLIONS every year to find out how we exist and if theres life on planet zog, wouldn't it be better off used to find cure to as yet incurable diseases?

I personally think that the hydron collider is the biggest load of bollocks after the millenium dome, but then again, i'm not a scientist being paid hundreds of thousands a year to smah atoms into eachother so what would i know.

If all you're concerned ;) with is the utility of science do you not think that understanding our reality better will help us in practical ways?

I think you are somehow using a computer in the 1600's. There is a difference between astro And Quantum physics and the human anatomy. We already understand DNA and how living organisms work. the difference is that understanding the quarks of the Universe differs totally from understanding the elementary structure and deconstruction of infectious diseases. So i do not believe spending billions on smashing atoms into one another constitutes a formmidable argument to say it is useful in understanding how incurable diseases are cured.

If this proves that we were created by a random collision of atoms, then we really don't matter, so it doesn't really matter if we get sucked into a black hole as a result.

If it somehow disproves this, hide. Religous wars will take on a whole new certainty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.