dw7 said:
if we got eto'o and tevez

rooney v eto'o
valencia v robhino
owen v tevez
berbatov v rsc
maconda v bellemy
campbell v swp

and we will still only play them twice in a season.....We have to beat the other 18 teams too... Hate comparing to the reds....

We took 6 points off the rags 2 seasons ago. We definitely are stronger now and they are much more weaker....it is all about believing in ourselves and loosing the inconsistencey which we have had for the last 3 decades now..our away form has to be far more consistent if we are to be challenging top 6 or better this season and have a squad and a system which can rotate to face different opposition home and away.....the likes of Bellamy and Tevez are total pests and will give us much more threats away from home than the likes of Robinho as will Rocky as he can hold a ball up to give us time to re group and take the back 4 outta our 18. I also believe we have more options this year away from home as we have a panel now which can counter attack better and catch teams on the break. The club have better options now but it cant happen over night....I am just so glad that i can actually see us now being a threat....

Signing Eto'o and Tevez will improve our defence. No i haven't gone crazy.

Let me explain.

A front line of Robinho, Tevez and Eto'o demands immediate respect. As a result teams will (maybe apart from the big 4) will probably be less adventurous against us for fear of being completely over-run.

Of course adding Lescott will improve us aswell but i don't think too much needs doing. The added quality throughout the squad will alter how teams play against us and as such we will probably look a little more organised at the back.

Providing Ben Haim never gets a game again.

ono said:
Signing Eto'o and Tevez will improve our defence. No i haven't gone crazy.

Let me explain.

A front line of Robinho, Tevez and Eto'o demands immediate respect. As a result teams will (maybe apart from the big 4) will probably be less adventurous against us for fear of being completely over-run.

Of course adding Lescott will improve us aswell but i don't think too much needs doing. The added quality throughout the squad will alter how teams play against us and as such we will probably look a little more organised at the back.

Providing Ben Haim never gets a game again.

Not only will other teams be less adventurous against us but look at what every reporter has said about Eto'o and what we've all seen of him with what he brings to matches - not just goals and assists but relentless hard fucking work to hunt the ball down when the opposition has it to win it back for his team! What does Tevez do!? The same thing!
What do Barcelona as a whole team do? The same thing! What did they win last season with this none-stop work hard til you die philosophy? Everything!

So buying the likes of Eto'o and Tevez will improve our defence massively!

Also to bolster that we do need a few quality players in defensive positions, Terry will not come to us but Lescott might (altho i still - and i keep saying this on a weekly basis - havent seen any reliable evidence/sources that we are in for Lescott, has anyone else!?)

I think if we can get eto and tevez that shud b enough 2 get us into the top four with the other players we already have rsc n robinho etc but i do think we need to tightin up our defence which i think hughes knows this n wil b tryin 2 get defenders in behind the scenes because like oddfellows said u have got 2 keep cleen sheets 2 win certain games n with r current defence i dont think we r able 2 do that i would love us 2 sign JT if not then i believe Lescott and K toure would be great signins n would strengthen the back four

riley347 said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
Why the fuck is everybody so bothered about the scum lets just concentrate on breaking into the top 4 and leave them to be the moaning stuck up wankers that they actually are !

End of thread.

because,not sure if you know.......they are PL champions..........

DO YOU HAVE TO REMIND US OF THAT ON A CITY MESSAGE BOARD ?

Daz_Blue said:
riley347 said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
Why the fuck is everybody so bothered about the scum lets just concentrate on breaking into the top 4 and leave them to be the moaning stuck up wankers that they actually are !

End of thread.

because,not sure if you know.......they are PL champions..........

DO YOU HAVE TO REMIND US OF THAT ON A CITY MESSAGE BOARD ?

i do when people can,t see i,m comparing us to them as chamion contenders.....jeez.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.