Attacking as a team, starts with the keeper . . .

sqblue said:
gomes the best in the league? i see the mushrooms are being shared out on BM today!

he's had a couple of good games, but ask any spuds fan, he can be an utter liability.

Really not sure which spurs fans you've been speaking to, personally I wouldn't swap him for any keeper in the world....... even at the begining when he was being hounded by the press most spurs fans backed him. He's got character........ he struggled and came through the other side. He's a hero in practiclly every spurs fans eyes.

By the way I come in peace, just correcting an obvious lie

Bring on may the 5th.....

I like Shay, i think he's a decent keeper but i will be astounded/annoyed if Hart isn't our number one next season.

CockneySpur said:
sqblue said:
gomes the best in the league? i see the mushrooms are being shared out on BM today!

he's had a couple of good games, but ask any spuds fan, he can be an utter liability.

Really not sure which spurs fans you've been speaking to, personally I wouldn't swap him for any keeper in the world....... even at the begining when he was being hounded by the press most spurs fans backed him. He's got character........ he struggled and came through the other side. He's a hero in practiclly every spurs fans eyes.

What are you thinking about the run in? it's going to be so tight! just can't call it, 2 great results for you though. I still think we have a very good chance, and the home advantage against you will be massive. It will all hinge on that game, i'm nervous!!!

Adebayor said:
What are you thinking about the run in? it's going to be so tight! just can't call it, 2 great results for you though. I still think we have a very good chance, and the home advantage against you will be massive. It will all hinge on that game, i'm nervous!!!

Mate seriously can there be any more twists in this hunt for 4th? To be fair I was probably as shocked with our last 2 results as you lot..... well the chelsea one at least. I had a feeling we might get something from Ar5ena1 to be honest.

The run in is tough and I agree it will probably come down to when we play each other although saying that I've been reading all ur predictions and I have to admire your optimism.......... practicly all of you have yourselves as getting 3 points against Villa..... not sure if we are talking about the same villa as the villa I'm thinking are a good team especially away from home just ask liverpool and united.... they have only lost once this year and that was chelsea. We drew with them twice although to be fair we did batter them both times.

I suppose I am a pesimist in that im worried about all our remaining games, I really dont expect much against utd infact a draw would be amazing but we really shouls be beating burnley and bolton and if we dont we dont deserve fourth.

Us vs you lot is massive..... we need Lennon back for that game because with you more than likely needing the win having lennon and bale looking to counter on both wings will cause you problems and as long as ledley is at the back with dawson i think we will be able to keep you out.

-thats a copied and pasted version of my post in another thread-

CockneySpur said:
sqblue said:

Not swapping for any keeper in the world is going over the top a bit but have to agree he's looked top notch in the last 6 months or so.....Whereas our keeper has gone the other way in form!

Sky Blue said:
Not swapping for any keeper in the world is going over the top a bit but have to agree he's looked top notch in the last 6 months or so.....Whereas our keeper has gone the other way in form!

Why is it? I never said he was the best in the world and that we couldn't find anyone better..... just that I wouldn't swap him for anyone. Its not just about ability alone....... its passion and desire. We feel like we went through those early clangers with him and watched him come through it.......

Same could be said for Pav, he's not the greatest in the world but we never stopped singing his name and that confidance is now coming out in his displays. Its easy to roast a player for having a bad game or 2........ but stick by him and you never know he could turn into a world beater like bale.

Have faith.

Adebayor said:
CockneySpur said:

I did post a reply but it looks like the mod didn't let it though..... aint got a clue why. To be honest I cant believe every post is vetted!? Whot sort of forum had a dictator choosing what can and cant be posted?

CockneySpur said:
Adebayor said:

I did post a reply but it looks like the mod didn't let it though..... aint got a clue why. To be honest I cant believe every post is vetted!? Whot sort of forum had a dictator choosing what can and cant be posted?

its not every post, just newcomers, it stops the abuse.
we have an awful lot of jealousy to our newfound wealth.

CockneySpur said:
Sky Blue said:

Why is it? I never said he was the best in the world and that we couldn't find anyone better..... just that I wouldn't swap him for anyone. Its not just about ability alone....... its passion and desire. We feel like we went through those early clangers with him and watched him come through it.......

Same could be said for Pav, he's not the greatest in the world but we never stopped singing his name and that confidance is now coming out in his displays. Its easy to roast a player for having a bad game or 2........ but stick by him and you never know he could turn into a world beater like bale.

Have faith.
FFS I praised Gomes and you go off on a tangent about Gareth Bale. Not sure what he has got to do with Shay Given! ( nearly did an fbloke then and typed Shat)

CockneySpur said:
Adebayor said:

Mate seriously can there be any more twists in this hunt for 4th? To be fair I was probably as shocked with our last 2 results as you lot..... well the chelsea one at least. I had a feeling we might get something from Ar5ena1 to be honest.

The run in is tough and I agree it will probably come down to when we play each other although saying that I've been reading all ur predictions and I have to admire your optimism.......... practicly all of you have yourselves as getting 3 points against Villa..... not sure if we are talking about the same villa as the villa I'm thinking are a good team especially away from home just ask liverpool and united.... they have only lost once this year and that was chelsea. We drew with them twice although to be fair we did batter them both times.

I suppose I am a pesimist in that im worried about all our remaining games, I really dont expect much against utd infact a draw would be amazing but we really shouls be beating burnley and bolton and if we dont we dont deserve fourth.

Us vs you lot is massive..... we need Lennon back for that game because with you more than likely needing the win having lennon and bale looking to counter on both wings will cause you problems and as long as ledley is at the back with dawson i think we will be able to keep you out.

-thats a copied and pasted version of my post in another thread-

Mate in one or two posts you've been fairer and more reasonable than all Everton fans put together times ten who have visited this forum! and a lot of City fans seem to have a problem with Spurs, I don't, I actually don't mind you's at all, and it's Everton I can't stand! so, welcome!

Big games next week, obviously we'll both be wanting our big rivals to win for once and that game on May5th is gonna be great! I'm looking forward to that even more than I was the League Cup semi's against the Rags! I honestly can't call it, I agree Villa will be a tough game for us! Villa are harder to play against when they're away than they are at Villa Park and we also only drew there! I'm happy either way though, we've had a great season (I thought we were gonna finish 7th last August, and even though we still might do that, we've still had our best season for almost 20 years!) and I'll be happywith our progress whether we finish 4th or 5th! I'd also fancy our chances of winning the Europa Lg if we were in that, we wouldn't be winning the Champions Lg next season and I'm more bothered about making ourselves an established top 4 finishing team before we start thinking about that comp when we're just scraping 4th (if that even happens!) But it'll still be exciting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.