Attacking Problems

charliebigspuds said:
Fair point, I agree with most of it. Why can't we play 4-4-2? we have the players to do it. I think we play the system we do to accommodate two players, De Jong and Robinho, both are excellent but don't seem to fit in a 4-4-2. We could try playing 4-4-1-1 with Robinho behind Ade with two flying wingers, and De jong sitting. for me Tevez isn't up to it, he's an impact player and should be used as that. The rags used him that way and he did it for us last week. I'm not a Hughes hater but he is struggling to find a system to fit the players!
Robinho had a decent 1st half yesterday but like Tevez what he did in the penalty area just didn't come off.
SWP should have crossed it a couple of times for(who was not happy) Superman who was running in on goal but he didn't.

Good recollection of facts.

One thing to add: conformly to the request of many, Hugues removed one holding midfielder at home, playing five purely offensive players. So much for the negative approach.

A central striker able to attack the back of the opposition defensive line is needed. Many times, players like Robinho, Tevez, Ireland or Wright Philipps try to pass in the depth but nobody is fast enough to challenge for the ball.
Owen will definitively be the kind of players that could fulfill the role, the two others are too slow to fit in Hugues's dynamic conception of the game.

As Robinho is fit, I think that Adebayor could be sent to the bench and a pair Tevez/Bellamy put to test as I suppose Bellamy has enough acceleration to try to attack the back of the defensive line through speed runs.
Fielding Tevez is the choice as it would cut the option of long hoofed balls and force another kind of play.

To me you are just describing Bellamy. He is the answer to this issue I believe.

FCLB said:
Good recollection of facts.

One thing to add: conformly to the request of many, Hugues removed one holding midfielder at home, playing five purely offensive players. So much for the negative approach.

A central striker able to attack the back of the opposition defensive line is needed. Many times, players like Robinho, Tevez, Ireland or Wright Philipps try to pass in the depth but nobody is fast enough to challenge for the ball.
Owen will definitively be the kind of players that could fulfill the role, the two others are too slow to fit in Hugues's dynamic conception of the game.

As Robinho is fit, I think that Adebayor could be sent to the bench and a pair Tevez/Bellamy put to test as I suppose Bellamy has enough acceleration to try to attack the back of the defensive line through speed runs.
Fielding Tevez is the choice as it would cut the option of long hoofed balls and force another kind of play.
A central striker able to attack the back of the opposition defensive line is needed
Fielding Tevez is the choice as it would cut the option of long hoofed balls and force another kind of play
That long ball in the air upto Tevez was pointless,he didn't have a hope in hell of getting it.
From Given to our back 4 we HAVE to play it out.
We need our midfield to WANT the bloody thing off our defenders aswell.
I wasn't happy with the movement in the box either, Superman made a couple of great runs but didn't get picked out but others should be doing it aswell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.