Attending Court to give evidence.

ShaunMCFC

I've just had a letter pushed through my door confirming that i am required to attend court to give my evidence.

As some of you may know i work part-time at a Petrol station, and a couple of months ago i witnessed 2 people driving off without paying for their fuel. We got their registration and reported it to the Police, they caught up with the people, and i had to make a statement as it was me who phoned the Police to inform them. It was all over £20.... The Police officer gave me the impression that it wouldn't go to court as they'd be pleading guilty, but it turns out they've pleaded not guilty even though they're on CCTV clearly driving away.

Am i legally obliged to attend court to give my eveidence as i really can't be arsed giving evidence over something im not really that arsed about as its a part-time fucking job only to get me a bit of dosh. Anyone know?

Smelly Cnut said:
I've just had a letter pushed through my door confirming that i am required to attend court to give my evidence.

As some of you may know i work part-time at a Petrol station, and a couple of months ago i witnessed 2 people driving off without paying for their fuel. We got their registration and reported it to the Police, they caught up with the people, and i had to make a statement as it was me who phoned the Police to inform them. It was all over £20.... The Police officer gave me the impression that it wouldn't go to court as they'd be pleading guilty, but it turns out they've pleaded not guilty even though they're on CCTV clearly driving away.

Am i legally obliged to attend court to give my eveidence as i really can't be arsed giving evidence over something im not really that arsed about as its a part-time fucking job only to get me a bit of dosh. Anyone know?

Unless you want to spend some time in the same dock i would turn up as instructed.

Smelly Cnut said:

Unless they come clean, you will have to go mate. If you don't the Police will get arsey with you to the point you will regret involving them in the first place.

pfazz said:
Smelly Cnut said:

Unless you want to spend some time in the same dock i would turn up as instructed.

Thats what I'm asking, so its a MUST.

Stop the whining,man up and accept some responsibility.The liklihood is they have gone not guilty in the hope they have a weak witness,such as you,who will not want to give evidence and subsequently they stand a chance of getting off.Turn up on the day and they will probably change their plea.

only time you dont have to attend is if your abroad on the date, ill or are of old age i.e. retirement +. Thered be no point. they'll get a £200 fine with costs (£85), a community order, a driving ban and that will be it. You however, will be constantly looking over your shoulder when your in work or leaving work for however long your working there. go to the doctors asap and say your depressed.

crizack said:
only time you dont have to attend is if your abroad on the date, ill or are of old age i.e. retirement +. Thered be no point. they'll get a £200 fine with costs (£85), a community order, a driving ban and that will be it. You however, will be constantly looking over your shoulder when your in work or leaving work for however long your working there. go to the doctors asap and say your depressed.

Fvck me.no wonder this country is a shithole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.