Audi Cup other games

thenabster said:
Wait, is Alaba a center back?

-- Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 pm --

Ahh no it's Martinez.
Have you for bad eyesight? They look nowt alike.

Petetheblu said:
Like the look of Shaqiri (spelling), liverpool are after him?
Shaqiri is far too good for Liverpool's current state. He can go to far better clubs, but then again I thought the same about Gomez, but nobody came in for him.

Not that impressed with Bayern. They have been turned into Barcelona and it weakens them. In the second half they were much better with the second string, which were playing closer to their style of last season.

Playing Lahm in midfield seems like a bad joke.

I think City may beat Bayern in the final.

supercrystal7 said:
Petetheblu said:
Shaqiri is far too good for Liverpool's current state. He can go to far better clubs, but then again I thought the same about Gomez, but nobody came in for him.

Not that impressed with Bayern. They have been turned into Barcelona and it weakens them. In the second half they were much better with the second string, which were playing closer to their style of last season.

I don't know...

I am not happy we kept Yaya on for 90 mins, I just think the game could of been won with Milan team put out with Yaya being taken off, so I worry he won't play tomorrow.

If he doesn't play we will get beat, we just won't be able to dominate the midfield in my opinion.

Fernandinho looks class, but Barry and Garcia are just to slow for us to even think about controlling the midfield and we will get torn apart if any of those two partner Fernandinho.

This game for me is a chance for us to gain some huge momentum and confidence in beating arguably the best in the world at the moment, yes it's pre season, but players will have it in the back of their minds that they have beaten Europe's best going into the new season if we win.

supercrystal7 said:
Petetheblu said:

Bayern played a new defense with Martinez and Dante - both have not played more than 20 minutes until now as they just started training last week.

Schweinsteiger did not play more than 20 minutes until now. He is in a slow build-up after his surgery.

The way they played in the Supercup with both Kroos and Müller and a "new" Thiago behind them was just a way too risky. With a stable defense and a matchfit Schweinsteiger you can do that - without not - not against Dortmund... Especially with Shaqiri for Ribery and trying to rotate your front four. Ribery usually does not rotate and the rotation between Mandzu, Robben and Müller functions great. I remember e.g. Müller pressing Weidenfeller short before the 0:1 - so he was in the forward position than and Shaqiri was hanging behind and a free Bender running to the Bayern goal - Müller was trying to run back as nobody was covering for him. The goal would not have happened without the two mistakes from Starke - first throwing to the opponent and then not catching Bender's header - but that e.g. shows a little were the problems were. A new and unexperienced 6 and two offensive minded persons playing the 8 and the 10 - or two very offensive 8s.

So playing Lahm was fully understandable. Rafinha wants to play sometimes, too - he is a decent full back even if he does not have Lahm's class - and Lahm brings stability.

Tomorrow Lahm will probably full back again - that is where Guardiola sees him normally, too.

Caveman said:
thenabster said:
Wait, is Alaba a center back?

-- Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 pm --

Ahh no it's Martinez.
Have you for bad eyesight? They look nowt alike.

ahaha nah, I was judging it from the lineup because the just showed a list of players who were starting not like an actual lineup so since Alaba's name was beside Dante, I thought he was playing CB.

Sleeping_Easy said:
When is Gotze fit?

He started training with the ball at the beginning of the week - and he will start team training probably Friday.

supercrystal7 said:
Petetheblu said:

Gomez wanted to go to Fiorentina. He had offers from better clubs for more money, but he decided he wants to play and be at a club where he is adored and loved. He never was a fan favorite at Bayern, even when he started regularly and scored a lot. Because of his decision only to move to Fiorentina Bayern had to sell him that cheap, sucks for the club, but not much you can do about it. Gomez didn't want to be part of a rotation at a top club anymore, fight for his starting place. He had that at Bayern for 4 years and won everything, league title, cups, CL, top scorer in the league, scored 12 goals in one CL season. Now he wants to enjoy the game more than winning titles.

I really like that attitude. The game would be more exciting if quality players would prefer to start every game at smaller clubs than sit on the bench (or be part of a rotation) for the few top clubs. Players like Totti for example are rare these days, football would be so much better if more teams would challenge for domestic and international titles.

Petetheblu said:

Yes but they won't get him, he is considered one for the future at Bayern.

-- Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:25 am --

Sleeping_Easy said:
When is Gotze fit?

He's just started full training so 2 or 3 weeks I reckon.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 am --<br /><br />
supercrystal7 said:
Petetheblu said:

Guardiola has already said that Lahm in midfield is a stop gap until the others are fit, when the season starts he will be in his usual position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.