Audi S5

Sold my Audi as soon as they started to sponsor manure, the sight of gary neville in a Q7 turned my stomach, ugly man, ugly car!!

Had an S5 for 3 years and loved it. Very much a GT rather than a sports car but very comfortable and enough poke for use on UK roads.

Room for two little 'uns in the back if needed and huge boot also so pretty practical. Also good fun to see all the M3's and the like stuck at the side of the road in a bit a snow as you cruise past with the 4 wheel drive doing its thing.

Downside is that it loved petrol stations; avg about 18mpg with a combination on dual carriageway and town driving. If stuck in traffic you could literally watch the fuel needle go down.

Traded up to the RS5 now and this is a different beast altogether, much more a sports car and can be absolutely brutal if you want it to be. Surprisingly the fuel economy is a little better if you drive "normally" and the insurance was cheaper - go figure that one out??

All in all the S5 is a lovely car; one word of warning, Audi changed the S5 engine to a 3.0lt V6 a couple of years ago so if you want the V8 growl ensure that you check the spec before buying or go the whole hog and get the RS5 :-)

badmash said:
I would rather have an M3

Guy I work with (more money than sense) had an M3, decided he wanted an Audi when they became "cool" bought an RS5 decided it was too boring and everyone was driving Audi's and has now bought a Merc C63AMG coupe which is just absolutely brutal!!

Personally though the m3 was my fav from the lot, was lucky enough we used to go to alot of meetings through work together and i'd insist we always took his car<br /><br />-- Wed May 22, 2013 9:48 am --<br /><br />
MCFCTrick said:
Missus just had the Q5 delivered for a three day test drive....between that and the X3...

My mum had the same quandary.. ended up going with an X35D Msport - X3 over the Q5 - Although her and my Dad have always had BMW's so maybe brand loyalty played a big part in it..

corky1970 said:
cpkompany said:
better off going for the 3.0td, stunning performance + mpg. mine's just had a re-map and is pushing around 375bhp and returning 40+mpg on a run.

no its not!!

you must have done something more than a remap, thats a 135 bhp gain and no remap will do that ..trust me i know

your pushing 280-300 bhp with top end map for the 3.0tdi audi A5

yes, you're right, my mistake it's around 275bhp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.