Audio assistance...(help)

blue wang

thinking about playing music at a festival, namely Afrika Burns in South Africa, Its the African equivalent of Burning man in the States .( any one been ? or going?)
However here in lies my problem. Its an ominious assignment with overtones of extreme personnal danger, and a few logistical dificulties. At this stage the main concern is electricity, there is none.

i dont want to get a generator unless there is no other option.

So, this is what i am thinking . I am going to get 3-5 medium to large speakers,
i need enough sound to bang out for an area of about 7 by 7 meters, with same nice bass. so i ideally would be 3 good speaker and one sub woofer.
Going to get a 5 channel amp, and play music from a laptop/i pad .

is it possible that we can obtain enough power from a car battery, and for how long will the battery last? Looking for about roughly 5hrs.

If i use a car battery ,would i need some type of electrical convertor/moderator? voltage barometer, ... excuse my ignoronce. I know as much about these things as Hughes knows about coaching

Just a few things to consider ,this will be done in a semi desert environment , so equipment will be subjected to the elements , i.e rain, wind and dust.

any tips/advice appreciated.

thanks blue moon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.