August '98 - 12 years ago

LoveCity

Almost exactly 12 years ago - Fulham 3-0 City

Nationwide Division Two, 13th place

The lowest we ever dropped I believe.

Puts it all into perspective really. Who can tell what the future brings, maybe we'll be back down there again some day with a team full of academy lads, but I'm sure we'll still be drawing gates of 30,000+ if it ever comes to that. ;)

CTID.

I thought the lowest we ever were was after the York City away game, sometime around December-ish? Could be wrong though; that's just stuck in my mind for some reason.

wasnt it on a friday night with keegan fulham boss and it absolutely pissed it down

i was only 11 and i remember the minibus breaking down outside the ground lol

Did we ever draw in 30,000 that season? 27,000 sticks in my mind for some reason, can't be sure tho without checking.

ali_bee said:
warpig said:
weren't we lower than that when we played Wrexham away on boxing day?

I think we were about 14th before we won that day. Good old Gerard Wiekens

yeh sounds about right. i watched it in the Wrexham 'exec' care of my old mans accountant. can still remember the wild jubilation from all the blues packed in behind the goals when it went in. was a great goal/game and sent us on our surge up the table.

jimharri said:
I thought the lowest we ever were was after the York City away game, sometime around December-ish? Could be wrong though; that's just stuck in my mind for some reason.

It was 12th after York and it was realistically the lowest position in our history - nobody takes notice of league tables after one or two matches. Wrexham was the following week and Wiekens goal started the long haul back.

foley87 said:
wasnt it on a friday night with keegan fulham boss and it absolutely pissed it down

i was only 11 and i remember the minibus breaking down outside the ground lol

I went to that friday night game still got programe, what a waste of time, 3-0 at half time i think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.