Aussie Blues

Cheers Brendan. Makes you realise that there are more important things than football. My sister is currently up there. Unbelievable scenes. Times like these you really see the Aussie spirit shine through. The Footballroos will be wearing special warm up tops for the Asian Cup match against South Korea tonight to encourage people to help out.

BULL sharks have reportedly been spotted swimming down the main street of a flooded Queensland town, 30km inland.
The Queensland Times reported the shark sightings, 30km from the coast at Goodna, with Ipswich local councillor Paul Tully confirming it was a bizarre but true story out of Queensland's flood disaster.

"It would have swum several km in from the river, across Evan Marginson Park and the motorway,'' Cr Tully said.

Bull sharks are the third most likely shark to attack a human being. They are noted for their aggressive behaviour and often swim in shallow waters along coasts and rivers.

Bull sharks are among the most unpredictable and aggressive sharks, and are among the most likely to attack humans.

They can tolerate fresh water and have been known travel long distances along rivers.

images

trublueaussie said:
Cheers Brendan. Makes you realise that there are more important things than football. My sister is currently up there. Unbelievable scenes. Times like these you really see the Aussie spirit shine through. The Footballroos will be wearing special warm up tops for the Asian Cup match against South Korea tonight to encourage people to help out.

That you Brad?

Fuck me it's good to know you're still about mate. I presume you're safe up in the mountains.

stonerblue said:
trublueaussie said:

That you Brad?

Fuck me it's good to know you're still about mate. I presume you're safe up in the mountains.
One and the same mate. Melborne and Northern Tasmania are also experiencing flooding. Sydney is pretty safe.

Was great to see the Aussies helping each other out and really mucking in. Getting all that sludge out of affected houses. Fair Dinkum

Compared to where I live no one would even let neighbours in their property for fear that it wasn't only sludge leaving their house

trublueaussie said:
stonerblue said:
That you Brad?

One and the same mate. Melborne and Northern Tasmania are also experiencing flooding. Sydney is pretty safe.

Great to have you back mate. Gotta be 4 or 5 years since you were last here hasn't it?

I live in Brisbane and was one of the lucky ones my house only got an inch of water through it.

1km down the road a suburb called oxley looks like a warzone, and the smell is horrible, I feel for these people as they have lost everything.

Good to see everybody chipping in with the clearout, 50,000 on the streets today.

Still some scumbags managed to show up and started looting peoples houses, they should be publicly shamed.

very proud of the citizens of Brisbane, I even managed to meet my next door neighbour after 2 years of living there.eheheheh! its true.

the kippax pigeon said:
I live in Brisbane and was one of the lucky ones my house only got an inch of water through it.

1km down the road a suburb called oxley looks like a warzone, and the smell is horrible, I feel for these people as they have lost everything.

Good to see everybody chipping in with the clearout, 50,000 on the streets today.

Still some scumbags managed to show up and started looting peoples houses, they should be publicly shamed.

very proud of the citizens of Brisbane, I even managed to meet my next door neighbour after 2 years of living there.eheheheh! its true.

I'm presuming that nice beach/park area in city centre is under water now is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.