Australian A League

I hate it when people call it the "epl" it's the PREMIER LEAGUE end of... No "e" in it anywhere. Is there any other premier league? Any other A league or J league? Do we call mls the AMLS? No, so can people stop adding the fecking "e"! Thanks in advance.
God that winds me up for some reason? Maybe because I'm not a yank! (nothin wrong with yanks but get a grip it's not Soccer either ;0)! )

wellingtonphoenix said:
oh sorry geez have a cry. no one mentioned america.. im not american im australian

The point was people calling it the "epl" when it's not called that... It's the premier league! The yank rant was just an added bonus as they do the same thing! Why call it the "Australian" A league? Is there another somewhere that could be confused with your's? And like I say how many other J leagues are there or La liga's? Just stating my opinion thats all.

ok then wellingtonphoenix.

tell my why its a good league? The quality isnt. The crowds have been ok and the fact we have a national league is great. I'm well aware that the league hasnt been around for long. The aleague as a product is fair superior then the old NSL. There is no ethnic connections of any of the clubs and with the strucutre it will eventually strive and overtake the nrl.

The reality is, the quality of the league is poor. Does that mean its not exciting? No. I enjoy wathcing many games as they are very open and alot of the times you will see goals due to the defences. You must be emotionaly connected to it, if you think otherwise. The quality of the old NSL was better then the a-league, it thrived in the 70s. However the a league is a new league, the foundations of the new strucure seem to work and in the coming years i do think we will see the best local football in this country to date. As ive mentioned before there is still a massive gap in our youth development, and within 5 years the quality should improve quite abit and add more depth to the talent within australia. Now with tthe youth league we should see a great transition of players coming straight into the aleague and then off to europe. Djite, burns and holland are a great example.

Now i reguarly watch sydney fc play, i travel aroud to watch the socceroos play. I geniunly love football, but my vision isnt clouded by the passion i may have for the time. Now go back onto supporting your crappy little club in New Zealand :)

adammck said:
ok then wellingtonphoenix.

tell my why its a good league? The quality isnt. The crowds have been ok and the fact we have a national league is great. I'm well aware that the league hasnt been around for long. The aleague as a product is fair superior then the old NSL. There is no ethnic connections of any of the clubs and with the strucutre it will eventually strive and overtake the nrl.

The reality is, the quality of the league is poor. Does that mean its not exciting? No. I enjoy wathcing many games as they are very open and alot of the times you will see goals due to the defences. You must be emotionaly connected to it, if you think otherwise. The quality of the old NSL was better then the a-league, it thrived in the 70s. However the a league is a new league, the foundations of the new strucure seem to work and in the coming years i do think we will see the best local football in this country to date. As ive mentioned before there is still a massive gap in our youth development, and within 5 years the quality should improve quite abit and add more depth to the talent within australia. Now with tthe youth league we should see a great transition of players coming straight into the aleague and then off to europe. Djite, burns and holland are a great example.

Now i reguarly watch sydney fc play, i travel aroud to watch the socceroos play. I geniunly love football, but my vision isnt clouded by the passion i may have for the time. Now go back onto supporting your crappy little club in New Zealand :)

Good post mate. But I believe that the standard has come on a fair bit over the four completed seasons, and I'm excited to think just how much further it will improve over the next 5, 10, 20 years.

You're right in saying that youth development is the key to this; even in the last year the addition of a youth league has added another dimension to the league and offered a number of youngsters a pathway into the first team, not to mention match practice for players not in the first team squad.

But as a side issue, I believe that the quality of pitches, or lack thereof, is a key contributing factor to the poor quality of some matches. This season you only have to look at grounds like Energy Aus Stadium, Etihad, Gold Coast and even Hindmarsh for one game to see this. And I believe NQF's ground is much too hard and fast to allow for a good game. Sometimes you can almost see that players don't have full confidence in the surface to allow them to play their best football, and this has a flow-on effect. Hopefully this issue will be resolved in the future.

It defo has come a long way in a couple of seasons, and it will hopefully keep gaining momentum with the 'golden era' of australian football players about to come home and play in the local leagues. Hoepfully players like Culina and eventually Kewell, Cahill will make up for that lose of years without a national league.

I agree with the pitches but its prob one of the most trickest situations to resolve, hopefully the nrl dies out and we can claimage rights on all of them hah!

I read an article today which the FFA need to find a way to make the NRL and AFL play outter state for 2 months while the world cup is in town. Now that will be some strong negotioning, thankfully Ben Buckley has a few nice contacts in the AFL.

CTID

chris63 said:
wellingtonphoenix said:
oh sorry geez have a cry. no one mentioned america.. im not american im australian

wellington phoenix is new zealand. go the perth glory .

well no shit lol. i live in australia, maybe i shoud have re worded, and btw no need for the essays in this ffs
our country is a tad different to engerland or any european joint so i dun care wat ya think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.