Australian Foxtel is a ****** disgrace

ALL OUR LIVES said:
adammck said:
I still remember the days of slower internet. I'd be there at 2am laying down and listening to the audio stream from a Manchester radio station... it would stop, start and you would never know what's happened if it had... the stress of it all...

Then it moved onto streams with random languages commentating. Now we are blessed to wake up at 5am and through it on the TV.

I watched my first city game in HD for Chelsea... So crisp...

Spent a year there and listened to every game live. Had to buy those cheap phone cards, ring home and me mum would put the receiver next to the radio.
Only used to cost about £2.50 to listen to the full match. City weren'y in the Prem that year and although I had foxtel they were never even mentioned once the hole time I was there on Tele.

See, you had the phone call to Manchester... Lucky sod.
Back in div 2 we relied on 56k modems at best... The luckiest you would get if it were a cup match and sbs had the heart to show it on there coverage, which they never did.
How times change, not only with city, but being able to connect fans from all parts of the world!

Wheelsy, remember seeing that game, back in 02 i think... The goater days (love)

I remember back in the day of listening to the 6.00pm news on Sunday nights for the results. ABC radio would put the BBC world service on for sports results. The only football on tv was Match of the Day with Brian Moore and that was a week old.

I vaguely remember it being on just after the goodies one year.

-- Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:48 pm --

Just a gentle reminder that the game against Club America is on Foxtel ESPN2 and ESPN2HD this Sunday at 10am and replayed later in the day (9pm).

Watching City live at 10am in the morning?? Wonders never cease!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.