Author Recommendations

pirate

Just been reading the Iain Banks memorial thread and was surprised someone hasnt even heard of him.

so i am looking for authors work we should seek out and read.

i will start with some obvious sf ones (as banks wrote straight fiction and sf)

Robert Heinlein
Isaac Asimov
Alastair Reynolds

pirate said:
Just been reading the Iain Banks memorial thread and was surprised someone hasnt even heard of him.

Robert Heinlein
Isaac Asimov
Alastair Reynolds
I have never heard of any of them.

M22 WOODHOUSE PARK said:
The wife is currently reading Ian Rankin books.

rebus books are ok, but loved doors open<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:48 pm --<br /><br />
bluemike said:
pirate said:

Robert Heinlein
Isaac Asimov
Alastair Reynolds
I have never heard of any of them.

thats why i started the thread, all are worth a read

I'm currently reading the mortal instruments series. I don't think you would like it though

Wife reads Tess Gerritsen

Not a political statement but Jeffrey Archer books are always a good read as are James Patterson books

bobmcfc said:
I'm currently reading the mortal instruments series. I don't think you would like it though

its juvenile sf, so id give it a go.

pirate said:
bobmcfc said:

its juvenile sf, so id give it a go.
The first film is coming out in August, It's called city of bones. The YouTube trailer for the film is ok

kbb said:
Wife reads Tess Gerritsen

Not a political statement but Jeffrey Archer books are always a good read as are James Patterson books

i dont read james patterson books. I am put off by the fact he doesnt write most of them. For a lot of his books he comes up with a plot outline them someone else writes it. You know which ones becuase his and another authors name appears on the cover

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.