Autographs with my lad

craynerd

I remember being at Maine Rd with my grandad in the late 80s early 90s, and we use to walk up the the railings/crowd barriers and he would shout over at players who would normally run over to sign my autograph book. I would have been 8-12 year old and thought it was great. I also remember waiting for bloody ages after the match at the players exit, and same again, meeting the players and signing autographs.

My little lads 6 and we go each week but never had an apportunity to get an autograp or really meet the players away from the crowd. I’ve certainly never seen a player come over to sign an autograph in years and years at the side of the pitch. I appreciate it is a different game and atmosphere around football now but has anyone ever seen anyone get autographs or where is the best place to stand or go. We don’t mind waiting after a match either, but can you actually get an autograph or two?
Cheers

If yer go to an MCWFC game they have an 'autograph' wall while yer wait after the game. I've never been to get me autograph book filled up but I suspect there a good few dozen waiting. Don't suppose it would work after a First Team men's game. Fuckin' queue would be curling round in boat lake in Heaton Park!

Ive got an Aguero & Foden shirt I want to get signed so I can frame them for my little boy. Anyone have an idea what time the players leave the CFA? I'm guessing around 12pm! gonna book a day off work and pop down.

Ive got an Aguero & Foden shirt I want to get signed so I can frame them for my little boy. Anyone have an idea what time the players leave the CFA? I'm guessing around 12pm! gonna book a day off work and pop down.
Good luck hope no one disappoints you.

I'd love to get Aguero to sign my little girls 1st shirt so I can frame it. No taking a day of work for it though. Seems ridiculous there is no guaranteed way unless they are in the store for some arranged reason.

yeah I know what you mean, it is a bit risky. I always see people stood there when I drive past, never actually seen anyone with a player but my mates done it before and its just a waiting game I think. Apparently Bernardo is the best signer, Sane one of the worst!

It's a while since i did it with my lads but the most success we had was at away games. Especially at certain grounds where the players coach is not locked away somewhere away from the fans. At away games you know they are all going to have to come out and get on the coach within 30 - 45 mins after the game. So maybe see if you can get to one of those with your lad and get straight out to the players entrance after the game. We found one or two may walk straight on to the coach but many were as good as gold and signed loads.

Ok, nice one!

Sad times that they no longer walk over to the pitch side before the matches. I remember him shouting over Peter Reid, Keith Curl, Collin Hendry....and even away players - remember Gaza coming over, Fouler and random guests like Nobby Styles even came over.

Well I’m at Liverpool today, Robsta, but I think I’ll be doing one as soon as we are let out! Thanks for replies,

Come on the blues,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.