Avanti suspends ticket sales and running only one train per hour to London

I need to be in London on the evening of 27th August and was hoping to get the train down after the Palace match but don't seem to be able to buy a ticket still? Anyone know if this is going to open up? If not I will have to drive down and probably miss the game.

I need to be in London on the evening of 27th August and was hoping to get the train down after the Palace match but don't seem to be able to buy a ticket still? Anyone know if this is going to open up? If not I will have to drive down and probably miss the game.
Avanti West Coast have suspended advance ticket sales to London until September 11th.

Take the national express, when your life is a mess

I know this is a bit shot in the dark but if anyone reading this lives in Aylesbury/Tring/Leighton Buzzard area and can offer a seat in a car for maybe Spurs game and possibly the United game then I woud appeciate. Just can't rely on the trains.

I travelled by train on Northern Rail on Sunday , tickets weren’t checked once. Do people still do that thing of getting on the train without a ticket and then only paying if the guard / conductor turns up?

They have a lot of ticket inspectors knocking about these days. If the guard on the train pulls you, he’ll let you buy a regular ticket. But if it’s one of the inspectors they’ll charge you a penalty fare if you’ve got on without buying a ticket first. I think it is either £20 for a short journey or double the price of a ticket if it’s over a tenner. Suppose it depends how often you’re likely to get away with it altogether if getting stung occasionally is still worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.