Avanti Trains (match day travel from the South East)

Maybe re read this line.....

Park up right next to the Station in a Secure Car Park for less than £17 (and that's Fri - Monday)

If you think a train to London is £17 you must be accessing the internet from 1954 !

Train prices change all the time, but are at least 50% cheaper than the robdogs charge at Avanti.
Internet in 1954 interesting
Anyway I have booked trains with my son on a 2together railcard on advanced tickets long trips for less than 20 each so it was not obvious

Was anyone on the 13:50 from Milton Keynes yesterday, train got diverted, due to another train blooking the line between Stoke and Macc, it was about 30 minutes late into Piccadilly as a result, so I've tried to claim a refund.

There is supposed to be an "automatic delay repay" option, but you have to sign up for it before hand, just in case you are sitting waiting for a refund to drop for you, it won't. Enjoy the process, but make sure you have a screen shot of your receipt first, and about 60 spare minutes !

Maybe re read this line.....

Park up right next to the Station in a Secure Car Park for less than £17 (and that's Fri - Monday)

If you think a train to London is £17 you must be accessing the internet from 1954 !

Train prices change all the time, but are at least 50% cheaper than the robdogs charge at Avanti.

Virgin trains advance fare to London was £16.50 just before they lost the Franchise. If Avanti was playing it fair Manchester to Euston would be just under £20.

If Avanti was playing it fair Manchester to Euston would be just under £20.
That's probably a bit unfair as virgin never had a covid pandemic to deal with, whilst avanti have, and for probably 6 months they were still running trains, yet getting very little income, but still paying their staff (or some of them at least), so they're currently ripping us off to recoup those losses.

It's not great, but in business it's kind of understandable.

My train back today was full, I'd never seen that in the afternoon midweek pre pandemic (virgin and early avanti), though there were a lot of french people on board.

That's probably a bit unfair as virgin never had a covid pandemic to deal with, whilst avanti have, and for probably 6 months they were still running trains, yet getting very little income, but still paying their staff (or some of them at least), so they're currently ripping us off to recoup those losses.

It's not great, but in business it's kind of understandable.

My train back today was full, I'd never seen that in the afternoon midweek pre pandemic (virgin and early avanti), though there were a lot of french people on board.

It's full because they are not running a full service. It will be a long time before advance passengers like myself will forgive them for there present actions. As for the Covid excuse, LNER & LNWR have not gone down that policy.

It's full because they are not running a full service.
I know, and I totally agree, they're still taking every advantage to milk their customers, but they need to make the money back that they lost due to covid and nobody using their trains, it is simple economics, they hadn't long had the franchise, and then lost pretty much all income from it.

It will be a long time before advance passengers like myself will forgive them for there present actions.
I'm not using them this weekend, even though the cost is similar for a longer journey.

Hopefully they will get better in time, as I can't be bothered with driving up, and that is still the best route for me, so I'll just use it less this season.

I know, and I totally agree, they're still taking every advantage to milk their customers, but they need to make the money back that they lost due to covid and nobody using their trains, it is simple economics, they hadn't long had the franchise, and then lost pretty much all income from it.

I'm not using them this weekend, even though the cost is similar for a longer journey.

Hopefully they will get better in time, as I can't be bothered with driving up, and that is still the best route for me, so I'll just use it less this season.
I’m hoping to use them on Sunday but the journey from Euston is scheduled to take nearly four hours, any additional delays will make arriving by kick-off touch and go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.