Average age of squad

Silva2021

Whilst I think it could be argued players have left that we would have kept regardless of age

Gundogan
Mahrez
Walker (potentially)
Laporte (probably)

Players brought in to replace

Kovacic (3 years younger then Gundogan)
Gvardiol (8 years younger then Laporte)

We then have Walker and Mahrez and replacements seem unsure but you would expect a younger age profile and potentially some of their game time will go to Lewis and McAtee.

Whilst the treble marks the end of the journey for some (which I understand), it’s going to the beginning for some others.

It’s a bit sad and will take a period of adaptation but is no doubt in the best interests of the club long term.

Whilst I think it could be argued players have left that we would have kept regardless of age

Gundogan
Mahrez
Walker (potentially)
Laporte (probably)

Players brought in to replace

Kovacic (3 years younger then Gundogan)
Gvardiol (8 years younger then Laporte)

We then have Walker and Mahrez and replacements seem unsure but you would expect a younger age profile and potentially some of their game time will go to Lewis and McAtee.

Whilst the treble marks the end of the journey for some (which I understand), it’s going to the beginning for some others.

It’s a bit sad and will take a period of adaptation but is no doubt in the best interests of the club long term.
100%.

Young,fresh,talented players who can grow & improve will keep everyone motivated and on their toes.

Looking forad to watching Phil developing into the best no8 on the planet.

The rebuilding of a new team has begun and that's how it should be.

We have the core of a wonderful squad, some amazing young players coming through, there may be short term issues but medium to long term this is exciting and may well mean the bald one signs another extension.

Any of you informed chaps happy to do an updated squad list of who we now have, who we may get and who may move on before Friday, and how they all fit together with rules for homegrown and overseas etc? I've been confused since we increased from one sub, a 15 man squad and the team printed on the programme 3 days in advance.

TIA

TeamAverage age
Chelsea23.7
Burnley24.3
Arsenal24.9
Tottenham25
Manchester United25.1
Tottenham25.5
Brighton25.1
Bournemouth25.5
Brentford25.6
Wolves25.8
Crystal Palace25.9
Sheffield United26
Manchester City 26.3
Liverpool26.3
Aston Villa26.3
Luton Town26.4
Nottingham Forest26.7
Everton26.8
Newcastle United27.3
Fulham27.3
West Ham28.1

TeamAverage age
Chelsea23.7
Burnley24.3
Arsenal24.9
Tottenham25
Manchester United25.1
Tottenham25.5
Brighton25.1
Bournemouth25.5
Brentford25.6
Wolves25.8
Crystal Palace25.9
Sheffield United26
Manchester City26.3
Liverpool26.3
Aston Villa26.3
Luton Town26.4
Nottingham Forest26.7
Everton26.8
Newcastle United27.3
Fulham27.3
West Ham28.1

Some really good analysis from blue city brain & you can see just how well we manage the squad refresh.

TeamAverage age
Chelsea23.7
Burnley24.3
Arsenal24.9
Tottenham25
Manchester United25.1
Tottenham25.5
Brighton25.1
Bournemouth25.5
Brentford25.6
Wolves25.8
Crystal Palace25.9
Sheffield United26
Manchester City26.3
Liverpool26.3
Aston Villa26.3
Luton Town26.4
Nottingham Forest26.7
Everton26.8
Newcastle United27.3
Fulham27.3
West Ham28.1
Scott Carson surely kills us in this. That guy was playing with action men when he was a kid.

If you go on the first link (on detailed) it’s says 26.7

If you go on the second link it says 26.2

There is roughly the same differential for all clubs. Which is correct? Something to do with rounding?

@Psychedelic Casual

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.