Average pint of lager in Manchester?

I'll pay over the odds for a decent drink in a nice place. Sadly a plastic pisspot full of dishwater in some NQ shit hole doesn't cut it.

And forget doing Nutrasweet off some ****'s snotty house key, which seems to be the alternative these days.

Try Platform One in Romiley, next to the station. Proper beer, generally 5 or 6 on tap, at £2.80 a pint. The owner is my next door neighbour!

Whatever price the lager is, it's overpriced by a factor of 10.

Try Platform One in Romiley, next to the station. Proper beer, generally 5 or 6 on tap, at £2.80 a pint. The owner is my next door neighbour!

Whatever price the lager is, it's overpriced by a factor of 10.
I go in Platform 1 on a Saturday , it's half decent pub but could be so much better seen as though it's a free house .. Lagers - Peroni, Carling,Estrella...
Not a patch on the Norfolk Arms IMO

People talk of North/South divides but when it comes to beer prices there really isn't much difference between Manchester and London when it comes to the price of a pint these days. I paid £3.30 in 2 different pubs in Watford on Saturday and £4.30 in the Royal George near Euston station. That actually compares favourably with a lot of pubs in town, especially the posh joints that GDM frequents in the Northern Quarter. Only Sinclairs does cheap beer and even the Wetherspoons are expensive these days. Paid less for a pint in Wethers in Putney 3 years ago for Fulham away than I was in town at the time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.