Average Players???????

city-till-i-cry said:
There are far too many average players at the club! And were not going to progress very much with these players in our starting line up.

In my opinion all these need to go or just be a squad player for us next season-

Toure (Not demanding enough)
Garrido (Shouldnt be within walking distance of the club)
Swp (Way past it, need to get rid)
Cruz (Cant hold the ball,doesnt win enough headers, too slow and cant shoot)
Ireland (Possibly a one season wonder)

De Jong (Good but doesnt offer us anything else other than his tackles)
Zab (Not bad, more of a squad player though)

I thought the big spending window was over but looks like were gona have to break the bank again!

Need a LB, CB and RB.
Need a LM, RM and creative center mid
Need a ST

The problem is not that we have too many average players, the problem is we have too many good players not playing well.

For Zabaleta and De Jong to even get mentioned in this thread is beyond a joke! Personally we need more players like them, if we had a few more zabaletas we'd be laughing.
Santa Cruz gets way too much stick i think, fair enough he's injury prone and it is very frustrating but when he tends to start he tends to score. Everyone knows its hard to make an impact off the bench. Santa Cruz should have started last night, why change a winning team?? Santa Cruz brings us so much more than Adebayor, he stays up front, he doesnt duck under headers and he works a hell of a lot harder than him!
With the SWP and Ireland theory i think its a mental thing, when they played well for us they were surrounded by poor players, now that they have very good players around them they seem to have gone into there shell. It pains me to say it but they do need to be able to deal with the fact that they are not the best players at the club anymore.

The problem is not that we have too many average players, the problem is we have too many good players not playing well.

correct!

the likes of gareth barry simply not performing to a high enough calibre, considering his ability.

The fact is city haven't been taking their chances well enough, it nearly cost us at fulham and did cost us yesterday. We had more shots on target than everton, if we took our chances, we would of beaten them comfortably.

unfortunately spurs have strikers on real form, who take advantage of these half chances.

tommytheblue said:
We had more shots on target than everton, if we took our chances, we would of beaten them comfortably.

unfortunately spurs have strikers on real form, who take advantage of these half chances.

We had no shots on target last night and Everton had 2!
Tevez no on form then no??
Yet another person who onviously doesnt go to the games.

LOL at someone who thinks Everton could have been beaten easily if Man City had taken their chances. The facts are there for all to see - they are better then Man City as a team and individuals. It shows that millions bring nothing when faced with spirit and skill.

Man City have a long to go yet I am afraid. Especially all those who think success comes overnight!

Dicky99 said:

Off the top of my head, Richards had a header on target, Bellamy curled a shot from outside the box into Howard's arms and technically I would say that Tevez got a shot on goal when he went through one on one (kind of) in the first half and got his toe to the ball but straight at the keeper. Ok, not great chances but not fair to say he didn't go to the match when frankly, I suspect he is right.

Dicky99 said:

lol..i love know it all's...

city actually had 4 shots on target... more than everton!

We also had more off target.

As for tevez, we one have 1 striker on form, who plays quite deep, spurs have two strikers on form, i would be interested to see tevez shot to goal ratio....

as for not going to games...i have a seasonticket DICKy

I think Ireland had one good season and is now past it, his first touch most of the time is appalling and wright-philips needs to build his confidence to go on his runs again, he's almost unstopable when on them. However i do think people playing down zabaleta and de jong is wrong they put so much effort into their apperances and sometimes the way forward into attacking is to go back in which de jong does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.